DescriptionD.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.
, was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at for more information.D.R. Horton, Inc.
is currently looking for an Accounting Manager
for their Corporate Accounting Department. The right candidate will provide accounting support to the Company's operating divisions, executes various corporate accounting functions ensuring compliance with GAAP, corporate policies, external and internal audits. Completes additional accounting or finance projects as assigned.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Formulates understanding of the DHI business model and evaluates ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Assists divisions in developing or applying the proper accounting treatment for complex and/or unusual transactions.
- Provides outstanding service and support to assigned divisions. Acts as a liaison and advocate between the division and corporate.
- Performs the monthly analysis and review of assigned division's general ledger, job cost information and operational metrics for accuracy.
- Provides training and ongoing guidance in systems, policies and procedures to assigned divisions.
- Leads the monthly and quarterly accounting close process for assigned divisions.
May supervise other employees in Corporate Accounting. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.QualificationsEducation and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Public accounting experience (3+ years).
- Big 4 accounting experience preferred.
- Homebuilding industry experience using JD Edwards, especially G/L and Job Cost is a plus.
- Experience with job cost (cost accounting) environments are helpful.
- CPA strongly preferred (but not absolutely required with exceptional experience)
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written format, with division personnel and all levels of co-workers (clerical to executive management)
- Customer service mentality-Corporate Accounting is a support department
- Initiative and ability to work with limited direction
- Must successfully manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Strong professional communication skills-ability to communicate complex financial concepts to non-accountants
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a plus
- Ability to travel (25% or more throughout divisions)
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder. #WeBuildPeople2 Job
: Accounting Primary Location
: TX-Arlington Organization
: Corporate Schedule
: Full-time Job Posting
: Jan 31, 2024, 4:41:57 PM