We are looking for a detail-oriented Project Accountant with proficiency in QuickBooks Desktop. The Project Accountant is a key member of the accounting team and must be a team player and be self-directed and willing to participate wherever needed to meet and exceed expectations. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing various aspects of financial operations, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Journal Entries, Supplier Waivers, and Daily Cash Reconciliation. This position is directly supervised by the Controller. This is a great opportunity for a new graduate or mid-level accounting person with a desire to learn construction accounting. Benefits:
- Pay: $70k per year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision health insurance elections
- Basic Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and AD&D Insurance offered at no cost
- Overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours
- Pay Card option
- Online pay stub access
- 24-7 office support
Skills and Qualifications
- Manage the full cycle of Accounts Payable, including processing vendor invoices and processing weekly check run.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve discrepancies.
- Manage and obtain supplier waivers in a timely manner.
- Review subcontractor billings and process for payment.
- Attend weekly payables meetings with Operations and Executive management.
- Prepare monthly progress billings for construction contracts.
- Keep track of contract change orders, ensuring that all changes are reflected correctly.
- Obtain Certificates of Insurance (COIs) as needed for relevant contracts to maintain compliance and mitigate risk.
- Monitor and maintain accurate records of customer invoices, payments, and aging reports.
- Follow up on outstanding customer balances and ensure timely collections.
- Track, prepare and submit lien waivers to ensure timely collection of receivables.
- Prepare and post journal entries to the General Ledger, as directed by the Controller, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing procedures.
- Perform bank reconciliations in QuickBooks Desktop to ensure accurate financial records.
- Prepare and file 1099 year-end reports in compliance with tax regulations.
- Assist in sales and use taxes monthly on behalf of the company.
- Special projects as directed by the Controller, CFO and other Management team members.
- Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Proven experience with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management.
- Attention to detail, confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills for interactions with vendors, clients, and internal teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (particularly Excel).
- Strong work ethic and demonstrable success in meeting internal and external deadlines, and managing multiple, changing priorities.
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of proven experience in an accounting role, including experience with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and financial reconciliation.
- Enthusiastic desire to learn.
Powered by JazzHR