First (Days) (United States of America)
AvMed, a division of Sentara Health Plans in the Florida market, is hiring a Lead Auditor in Gainesville, Florida. This is a hybrid position, 2 days in office and 3 days remote.
Scope of position:The Lead Auditor is responsible for conducting complex risk-based internal audits and advisory services in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors standards. The Lead Auditor develops the audit scope, performs audit procedures, prepares accurate and concise workpaper documentation, and prepares comprehensive audit reports. The position reports to the Director of Audit Services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs independent, complex assurance and advisory services by reviewing the effectiveness of internal controls, records, operations, and procedures, and conducting interviews. Prepares appropriate workpaper documentation to support audit work performed and in compliance with IIA standards. Assists management in developing action plans that appropriately address audit issues identified. Conducts effective follow-up on agreed upon action plans and monitors follow-up reports. Ensures audits and projects are completed timely and efficiently according to the Board approved audit plan. Continuously improves the operations services through innovation and strategy.
- Prepares verbal and written communication to management and the Audit & Compliance Committee, on the results of the audits. Prepares quality audit reports that are clear, concise, and objective and generates work products that do not require significant rework. Maintains contact with applicable management personnel to provide updates and obtain input on risk areas. Assists with preparing effective education and presentations to the Audit Committee and others.
- Assists with the organizational risk assessment process and provides appropriate input regarding audits to be included on the annual audit plan. Develops audit scope based on identified risks, management concerns, and budgeted hours. Allocates resources to the highest risk activities and makes informed decisions about the problems or issues to address and which to delay.
- Continuously improves the operations of Audit Services through innovation and strategy. Promotes and enhances awareness of Audit Services and the internal audit function. Participates in the development and execution of an annual strategic plan, operating plan and department goals.
- Supervises and reviews the work of the internal auditors. Reviews audit reports and workpapers to ensure quality, appropriate documentation and effective and timely follow up in compliance with department procedures.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Bachelor's in accounting, Finance, Business, or related field required
- 6-8 years of experience Internal auditing; healthcare audit experience required
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Institute of Internal Auditor s Standards for the International Practice of Internal Auditing Standards- Proficiency: Advanced
- Model Audit Rule/Sarbanes-Oxley Requirements- Proficiency: Intermediate
- Internal controls, Enterprise Risk Management, and Security and Control Frameworks (i.e., COSO, COBIT, ITIL)- Proficiency: Advanced
- Amisys, Health Rules, PeopleSoft, UltiPro, and Diligent (ACL)- Proficiency: Beginner
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access)- Proficiency: Intermediate
As the third-largest employer in Virginia, Sentara Health was named by Forbes Magazine as one of America's best large employers. We offer a variety of amenities to our employees, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Annual Leave, Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement funds with matching contribution
- Supplemental insurance policies, including legal, Life Insurance and AD&D among others
- Work Perks program including discounted movie and theme park tickets among other great deals
- Opportunities for further advancement within our organization
Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We're setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For information about our employee benefits, please visit: Benefits - Sentara (sentaracareers.com)
Join our team! We are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development, and growth!
Note: Sentara Healthcare offers employees comprehensive health care and retirement benefits designed with you and your family's well-being in mind. Our benefits packages are designed to change with you by meeting your needs now and anticipating what comes next. You have a variety of options for medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, disability, and voluntary benefits as well as Paid Time Off in the form of sick time, vacation time and paid parental leave. Team Members have the opportunity to earn an annual flat amount Bonus payment if established system and employee eligibility criteria is met.
Keywords: Talroo-Health Plan, Internal Auditing, Health Plans
Analyze compliance and internal process risks for Sentara Health Plans (SHP). Assists in maintaining compliance throughout Sentara Health Plans by evaluating processes to determine adherence to applicable federal, State laws, rules, and regulations. Provides consultation on compliance guidelines to staff based on audit outcomes. Communicates effectively with leadership at various levels, sharing recommendations to develop a corrective action plan for identified findings. Manages a given set of audits and projects simultaneously. Reviews the audit work of team members.
Bachelor's degree required (concentration in Healthcare, Business Administration/Management, Liberal Arts or related field preferred.)
3 years in Internal/External Audit and Healthcare with previous experience in Medicare/Medicaid required. Previous experience in Healthcare Law, Risk Planning, Clinical, and Compliance preferred.
BLD - Bachelor's Level Degree (Required)
Clinical, Compliance, Healthcare, Healthcare Law, Internal/External Audit, Medicaid, Medicare, Risk Planning
Accounting/Auditing, Active Learning, Active Listening, Complex Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Judgment and Decision Making, Mathematics, Microsoft Office, Monitoring, Reading Comprehension, Service Orientation, Social Perceptiveness, Speaking, Technology/Computer, Time Management, Writing
Sentara Healthcare prides itself on the diversity and inclusiveness of its close to an almost 30,000-member workforce. Diversity, inclusion, and belonging is a guiding principle of the organization to ensure its workforce reflects the communities it serves.
Per Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), some clinical environments require proof of education; these regulations are posted at ecfr.gov for further information. In an effort to expedite this verification requirement, we encourage you to upload your diploma or transcript at time of application.
In support of our mission to improve health every day, this is a tobacco-free environment.