Summer Accounting Internship Program (St. Petersburg, FL)
The L'Oréal USA Summer Accounting Internship is a paid, summer experience where you will be fully integrated into the day-to-day activities of a team while also leading your own, individual strategic project to discover what it is truly like to develop a career at the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world.
We are committed to giving our Accounting Interns the space to explore, to have full time employee responsibilities, and to present their own insights to senior management. At the end of the summer, you will present your project to senior leadership for the opportunity to be considered for a full-time return offer into a Management Trainee program or a full-time role.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is highly encouraged to apply soon. We encourage students of diverse backgrounds to apply, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender expression, LGBTQ+, military status, and people with disabilities. Location: St. Petersburg, FLFormat: Hybrid (3 days in office & 2 days WFH a week)Who We Are:
For more than a century, L'Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beautyin terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
We are the Accounting team at the L'Oréal Business Service Center located in St. Petersburg, FL. We lead the completion of all the critical accounting transactions. We ensure the compliance of our methods and processes and develop the reports that are used to share our results globally. We are always aiming to reach even greater heights in terms of accuracy and timing, and are looking for exceptional Accounting professionals like you. Come join our dynamic team! What You Will Learn:
What we are looking for:
- Prepare, summarize, and analyze information for on various subject related to accounting and provide support with reporting on a monthly basis.
- Analyze and validate accounting information for monthly consolidated reporting to worldwide headquarters via proprietary group reporting system.
- Perform adhoc analysis or various special projects as assigned (i.e., account analysis, process improvement, systems enhancement, etc.
- Assist with the implementation of various accounting projects.
- Attend project management meetings and summarize discussion to share with the Head of Accounting.
- Provide support to the accounting team.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Must be a junior from an Undergraduate program in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Strong academic background evidenced by a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Superior problem solving, decision making and project management skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship
- Excellent organizational skills, keen eye for attention to detail and proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills along with the ability to form strong cross-functional relationships with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated use of analytical skills - both using tools (ex. Excel, PowerBI, etc.) and problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Ability to synthesize information and create a clear synopsis of key issues
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and work independently
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, PowerBI a plus!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with composure, as well as independently.
- Strong computer Skills (Excel), experience in SAP helpful but not required
- Working knowledge of both finance and accounting
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. Visit us at careers.loreal.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email  [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. Our Safe Together Plan
: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other's health & safety in mind.