: Finance Specialist FLSA Status:
Exempt Department: Administration Reports to: Finance Director Effective Date: Pay Rate:
$42,000 year/$20.19 hour Position Overview:
The Finance Specialist assists the Grants Finance Administrator and Finance Director in monitoring grant expenditures. The Finance Specialist is responsible for preparing all monthly billing. HOURS: 40 hours weekly minimum
or as necessary to achieve program objectives, responsibilities, and tasks. Have the flexibility to work (8:00 am- 5:30pm) and untraditional hours to meet the program's needs.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for tracking and reconciling expenses for all grants monthly
- Responsible for reconciling all fund transaction forms monthly
- Responsible for preparing grant reimbursement packets (Copies, print out and digital documents etc.)
- Filing and scanning
- Take deposits to the bank
- Allocate payroll in QuickBooks
- Assist with grant Monitoring
- Assist with annual audit
- Assist with building coverage and crisis hotline
- Other duties as assigned
- Serves as a backup for other members of the Finance Department
Education and Other Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of prior office work experience in a financial setting preferred
- Minimum associate degree from an accredited university. Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Must pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checks.
- Must have a clean driving record/automobile insurance coverage/be insurable/ have at least three years of verifiable driving experience.
- Ability to lift/carry/move a minimum of 40 lbs. for an extended distance.
- Computer knowledge of programs including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with accounting Software
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills to assist with in-the-moment issues or crises.
- Sensitivity regarding the issues of family violence and sexual assault.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Organized, detail-oriented person that can work under deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external sources
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
I have read and understand the essential job functions that have been outlined in the above job description for
Bay Area Turning Point, Inc.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor's Signature Date
organization's ongoing needs.
Bay Area Turning Point (BATP) believes that equal opportunity for all employees is important for the continuing success of our organization. In accordance with state and federal law, BATP will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment because of race, disability, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or non-job related factors in hiring, promotion, demotion, training, benefits, transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all employees based on qualifications and job requirements.
NOTE: It is the policy of BATP not to hire applicants who have received services from our agency within the previous 12 month period.
Powered by JazzHR