At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our eight manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world's transition to clean energy. Function:
Finance & Accounting Job Summary:
The Accountant prepares and focuses on preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, management reporting, government reporting and performs financial analyses while ensuring internal controls are adhered to. Job Description:
- Prepares monthly journal entries and month-end analyses as well as various exhibits and commentary required for reports issued to management and government agencies.
- Coordinates typing, proofreading, issuance and filing of reports.
- Prepares analyses of various account balances and maintain files of supporting workpapers.
- Assists with special projects, year-end activities and related duties.
- Completes fixed asset transactions.
- Prepares written procedures on job responsibilities.
- Prepares and posts monthly journal entries into the SAP system ensuring timely, accurate and efficient recording and analysis of month-end and year-end transactions;
- Assist in completing fixed asset transactions and reporting;
- Participate in audits as required.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies. Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- CPA candidate preferred
- 1-3 years' accounting experience
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to function effectively while meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, communication and administrative skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows environment and have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Familiarity with SAP systems preferred
Incumbents in this position know fundamental accounting concepts and practices. They use established methods/procedures and work under general supervision. What We Offer:
You'll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call or contact us at . JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK