We are looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Bookkeeper at Commonwealth Attorney Marketing Service, LLC in Petersburg, VA. As a Bookkeeper, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of our financial data. This will involve creating financial statements, reviewing account balances, maintaining ledgers, and verifying the correctness of financial information. Additionally, you will collaborate with our financial team to improve our financial processes. This role presents an excellent opportunity to advance your career in accounting and gain valuable experience. The salary for this position ranges from $37,000 to $42,000 per year.
• Maintain the framework of the chart of accounts
• Input journal entries into the system
• Perform daily reconciliations for multiple accounts
• Ensure all bookkeeping processes comply with GAAP and meet deadlines for purchasing/inventory, accounts/notes receivable, accounts/notes payable, and payroll payments, filings, and reports
• Thorough knowledge of chart of accounts, journal entries, reconciliations, and all standard bookkeeping processes (GAAP Compliance)
• Demonstrate consistent follow-through with deadlines and project completion
• Must possess a strong attention to detail
• Must be methodical, careful, and persistent about doing work correctly the first time
• Must be in the office full-time
Our firm culture is one of collaboration and teamwork. These are the qualities that will make you a good cultural fit at the firm:
• You believe service and quality work is a top priority
• You are well known for your painstaking attention to detail
• You are highly motivated by and committed to the success of the business
• You are dependable to meet deadlines and communicate proactively about issues
• You are comfortable learning new things quickly and can think on your feet
• You have emotional intelligence, get along well with others, and believe in teamwork
We are a fast-paced, hardworking, fun, creative group that is focused on helping attorneys in Virginia grow and manage their firms.
We started off as a small law firm run by our founders, Charles "Van" and Mari Hardenbergh 15 years ago and have since grown into a marketing and technology company helping law firms throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
We offer a very strong path to advancement at the firm. As we are constantly growing, we are on the lookout for team members who can grow with us and develop institutional knowledge around our business to become superstars and partners, not just employees.
We offer competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, commensurate with experience.