We craft homes people love and we need your help managing the books!
Residential construction can have the reputation of being the wild west where homeowners get ripped off and their projects run way over budget. It doesn't have to be like that!
At Moontower we believe there's a better way to build beautiful, tailored homes in Austin.
We've been delivering projects on budget for years while outsourcing most of our bookkeeping needs.
Now we're ready to bring our bookkeeping needs in-house.
We've built an integrated team of architects, designers, and project managers that have completed 100+ projects and collected a loyal network of happy clients and craftspeople along the way. We take the investments our clients make with us seriously and with the help of our tight-knit internal team and a network of the best subcontractors and vendors in Austin we create homes that enrich neighborhoods. We're ready to grow our team with a qualified, experienced, financial expert and we need your help!BOOKKEEPER FOR RESIDENTIAL DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION CO.Moontower
is looking for a staff bookkeeper to join our team in our office in Austin. This person will manage all bookkeeping and monthly accounting procedures to ensure Moontower's overall financial health.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in construction bookkeeping and accounting, excellent attention to detail and deep knowledge of local and regional laws/regulations.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all accounting procedures and processes - Maintain financial reports, records and general ledgers for consistent bookkeeping and budgetary analysis.
- Bi-weekly Payroll
- Weekly Accounts Payable and transactions monitoring
- Maintain accounting SOP documents
- Work with controller and PMs to establish draw schedules at monthly construction forecasting meetings
- Create and distribute Work in Progress report
- Monthly reconciliation of all accounts
- Pre-paid expense account management and annual audit
- Team hours reporting and hours estimate vs actual reporting
- Monthly close prep and reporting
- Tenant invoicing
- Inventory tracking
- Ensure overall financial compliance - Examine tax policies (with 3rd party tax prep accountant), manage tax payments/returns and prepare for audits based on regional and industry-specific processes.
- Provide general financial guidance - Interface confidentially with both leadership to ensure smooth financial operations including our part-time fractional CFO.
- Manage Employee and Vendor compliance - Onboarding and off-boarding employees tax documents, payroll set up, and benefits deductions. Distribute and keep current compliance documents with subcontractors and employees.
REPORTING / ACCOUNTABILITY
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Strong math skills
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to handle information confidentially
- Familiarity with Quickbooks Online is required
- Proficiency in Google's Office Suite, especially Sheets
- Proven experience meeting regular deadlines
- Proactive problem solving
- Bi-Weekly Goal Setting and Review Meetings with the Financial Controller to set priorities and discuss the previous weeks' work.
- Three Month Evaluation meeting will be held with the Financial Controller to review performance, team fit, and identify things that are working well and potential skills or areas to improve on.
- Have fun and build with craft.
- Be a generous team player.
- Be clear, concise, consistent and accountable.
- Work thoughtfully with compassion and respect for diversity.
This is a part time or full-time position. Compensation is competitive with full benefits after 3 months option period. We offer a great working environment that supports professional development, personal development, and the enjoyment of the Austin, central Texas lifestyle.
Job Types: Temporary, Full-time
- Flexible schedule
- Hybrid remote and in-person
- For full time employees we also offer:
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
Powered by JazzHR