Strategic Risk Solutions Inc. (SRS), the world's largest independent insurance company manager, is growing and looking for an accounting professional to join our US East Captive Management servicing team.
As our Accountant, you will play a crucial role in managing the financial and regulatory affairs of a portfolio of captive insurance companies.
This in-office/potential hybrid option
roleis tailored for recent graduates up to mid-level experienced Accountants who excel in precision, financial integrity, and client service delivery. Join us at SRS if you are seeking career growth with a company that values work-life balance and their employee's professional development! Responsibilities and Duties:
Attributes and Skills:
- Work with an experienced client account team to deliver high quality financial and regulatory reports
- Maintain and reconcile General Ledger
- Preparation and peer review of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Prepare and file premium tax returns
- Accurate and timely preparation of regulatory filings
- Daily verbal and written client communications
- Manage client financial audits
- Preparing for and attending client Board of Director meetings
- Liaise with clients third party service providers and state regulators
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required; CPA a plus but not required
- 1-4 years financial accounting experience; will consider internships as equivalent experience
- Insurance accounting and auditing experience preferred; will consider commercial or public accounting experience
- Experience with Excel and financial accounting/general ledger accounting software
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or on individually assigned tasks in an environment where attention to detail and prioritization skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 5% domestically as needed
- First: Phone Call with Talent Acquisition/Human Resources
- Second: Video Conference/Onsite Visit with Hiring Manager
- Third: Video Conference/Onsite Visit with Team Members
SRS provides financial reporting, regulatory compliance, and program management services to captive insurance companies. We operate throughout the United States, in offshore domiciles (Barbados, Bermuda, and the Cayman Islands) and in Europe.
Offering a competitive salary, bonus plan, and a generous benefits package, SRS strives to provide every employee with opportunities for rewarding growth and advancement in an environment of genuine equity and inclusion. The pace is fast and demanding, and SRS's dedication to its people has established a company-wide network of colleagues committed to each other's, as well as the Company's, success.
Powered by JazzHR