a proactive, mission-oriented Accounting Specialist to join our busy team and growing company. This accountant will assist the team with a mix of AP and payroll functions. Reporting to the Director of Accounting Services, the right addition to the team will bring an eager attitude, a proactive approach, outstanding attention to detail, technological aptitude, and excellent communication. Applicants must reside in the U.S.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Weekly entry of PDF/Image timecards into electronic timecard system.
- Assist with accounts payable entry, ensuring all vendor invoices are coded and processed in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assist with reviewing and processing employee travel expense reports and reimbursements.
- Process monthly credit card reconciliation.
- Communicate with vendors and internal staff to resolve basic issues within the accounts payable process.
- Code and enter cash receipts, bank activity, and electronic deposits.
- Assist teammates with day-to-day, monthly, and year-end reconciliations, audit schedules, 1099's, and special projects as requested.
- Adhere to and develop knowledge of US GAAP, FAR, and company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but relevant experience may be substituted.
- At least two years' experience in Accounting, or a new graduate with an Accounting degree.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Government contractor experience preferred.
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong customer service focus.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship indefinitely.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position may be subject to client or government vaccination and masking guidance, policy or requirements as may be changed from time to time.
Work location is flexible if approved by the company except that position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Powered by JazzHR