Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need - saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our 'Done Right' promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we're not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we're creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we're here, but the perks are nice too:
* Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines
* Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great
* Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages
* Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors
* Enjoy a 'Dress for your Day' business casual environment
* Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance
* Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
* We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines' non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering 'Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Financial Analyst II owns recurring and ad-hoc analyses across all areas of the organization including, without limitation, short- and long-term financial planning, ongoing cost reduction opportunity sizing and execution, competitive and strategic benchmarking, labor analysis and negotiations, capital allocation and fleet planning, flight profitability and complex financial modeling to include internal rate of return, net present value and payback. The Analyst is expected to provide timely, accurate analyses and to effectively collaborate with stakeholders including Finance leadership, business partners and various operating groups. The Financial Analyst II may be involved with the ongoing build an implementation of FP&A's financial planning models within Anaplan.
* Champion Frontier's low-cost philosophy within the organization and enhance financial awareness across the company.
* Deliver timely, accurate analysis to Finance leadership and business stakeholders.
* Improve the speed and accuracy of budgeting and forecasting; collaborate with business stakeholders throughout the financial planning process.
* Evaluate the financial implications of potential capital projects and develop management recommendations.
* Investigate the root causes of cost and revenue variances and propose profit-maximizing resolutions.
* Identify and size potential revenue and cost opportunities across the organization.
* Conduct scenario analyses to identify optimal strategies in the face of uncertainty.
* Act as an internal consultant, improving processes and efficiency across the organization.
* Benchmark financial and operational performance against competitors and best practices.
* Conduct ad-hoc projects, reports and financial analyses as determined by senior management.
* Bachelor's Degree required; prefer degree in finance, accounting or another quantitative field
* Graduate degree in quantitative discipline preferred
* 2+ years of relevant experience (finance, consulting or related fields/functions) or commensurate combination of graduate work and relevant work experience
* Functional experience in financial accounting, management accounting, financial analysis, financial modeling, planning, forecasting and/or management reporting preferred
* Prior airline experience beneficial
* Prior systems experience beneficial
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Advanced analytical and quantitative skills; demonstrated understanding of economic, financial and accounting concepts
* Advanced understanding of Excel, macros and other software used for data mining and analysis preferred
* Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to present information to and collaborate with all levels of management
* Ability to structure logical analytical approaches and to apply a range of quantitative techniques to solve business problems in an efficient, timely manner
* Ability to independently prioritize analyses in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Ability to work self-sufficiently to creatively solve analytical challenges with limited data and imminent deadlines
* Business acumen and strategic mindset
* Strong work ethic, results-oriented
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
$60,200.00 - $83,850.00
Please note: this posting has a closing date of 2/22/2024 midnight MT.
At Frontier Airlines, we wholeheartedly support and have a strong commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action. Frontier is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender variance, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, martial status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military, veteran status, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Diversity is an essential part of our success. Our company flourishes because of the unique backgrounds, skills and ideas that our team members contribute every day. We salute and actively recruit veterans. Military experience is valuable and transferable to many of the positions essential to the operations of our airline.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective DOT safety-sensitive employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any DOT safety-sensitive job applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.