We are seeking a proactive, mission-oriented Senior Accountant to join our busy team and growing company. This accountant will have primary responsibility for revenue recognition, GL accounting and reconciliation, and the review of AP and JE transactions created by other accountants. Reporting to the Director of Accounting Services, the Senior Accountant adds value throughout our processes by applying experience and analytical thinking to achieve team objectives with minimal supervision. This position works with senior management to develop and implement accounting policies, procedures, and data analytics capabilities to support organizational goals and initiatives. The right addition to the team will bring an eager attitude, a proactive approach, outstanding attention to detail, technological aptitude, and excellent communication. Applicants must reside in the U.S.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly revenue recognition.
- Detailed analysis of revenue forecast-to-actuals variance.
- Review and posting of AP transactions entered by AP accountants, ensuring GAAP, corporate policy, contract requirement, and FAR compliance.
- Review and posting of JEs entered by other accountants, ensuring GAAP, corporate policy, contract requirement, and FAR compliance.
- General ledger accounting including fixed asset, prepaid, and other recurring transactions.
- Conduct monthly account reconciliations and perform account analysis to resolve discrepancies.
- Contribute to team and company process improvement iterations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Management, and a minimum of 3 years of government contractor accounting experience.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with FAR 31 Contract Cost Principles and Procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to manage workload, competing priorities and adhere to deadlines without close supervision.
- Advanced skillset using Excel and overall MS Office suite.
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong customer service focus.
- Experience using job cost accounting systems required. Experience using JAMIS Prime ERP preferred.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship indefinitely.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position may be subject to client or government vaccination and masking guidance, policy or requirements as may be changed from time to time.
Work location is flexible if approved by the company except that position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Powered by JazzHR