Financial Analyst Main Points
- 5+ years of experience with government contracts required
- Must have experience using Deltek Costpoint
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Hybrid schedule 2- days a week onsite in McLean, VA
- Pay: 45$-52$.hr
We are seeking a Senior Level Financial Analyst. This position will offer an opportunity to use your current knowledge in finance and accounting while advancing your technical and professional skills. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and should have foundational knowledge of government accounting and have 5+ years of experience in the accounting industry. Job Duties:
- Assists with determining organizational and staffing needs of the department.
- Prepares comparative analysis for a specific division within an assigned department.
- Recommends approval of disapproval of budgetary requests based upon the necessity and availability of funds.
- Responsible for oversight of all aspects of operational finance for their supported programs
- Responsible for attending contract kick off meetings and working together with accounting to set up projects correctly.
- Responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis on a portfolio of programs of varying contract types
- Responsible for setting up projects in the Vena forecast tool.
- Work closely with project managers to prepare and communicate monthly forecast, risk assessment and variance analysis to senior management
- Support the monthly close activities, such as recording journal entries, revenue recognition process, variance analysis.
- Bachelor's in business administration, Accounting or Finance,.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in a government contracting environment
- Knowledge of general and corporate business practices, government contracting regulations and principles, and accounting and finance principles
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g., formulas, Vlookups, and pivot tables).
- Project control experience required
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint required
Powered by JazzHR