As a Top 25 builder, developer, and EPC, our expertise spans markets like sports, renewable energy, data centers, healthcare, and more. We are builders at heart, working to ensure the built environment has a lasting positive impact.
Let's Redefine Possible® SUMMARY
Mortenson is looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to join our FP&A team. This position is based in our Minneapolis HQ. This individual will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of financial solutions to Corporate Leadership Groups, including orchestrating monthly managerial financial reports and analysis, financial metrics development, company-wide quarter forecasting process, and annual financial budgeting process. This individual plays a critical role to provide meaningful and accurate financial analytical information to help the company make well informed decisions for our future. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee execution of recurring internal financial reporting, ensuring the integrity of all financials reported, and completing all associated analysis and schedules as a part of recurring reporting packages provided to leadership teams.
- Orchestrate company-wide quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting processes - including communicating the schedule, deadline, required materials, consolidating submission, performing analysis, and providing reporting packages to leadership teams.
- Responsible for communication of financial results and estimates to business leaders, prepare, and deliver financial updates, create financial models, and analyze variances to key operating metrics.
- Provide meaningful and actionable analysis to support leadership team in improving overall business results.
- Both oversee and execute the design, development, and maintenance of financial templates, reports and associated communications to successfully capture, consolidate and model financial data and information as required.
- Provide any required ad hoc financial reporting and analysis support and identify areas for process improvement as required.
Mortenson is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Mortenson reserves the right to hire any individual without legal or financial obligation on unwanted solicitations. No agency emails, calls, or solicitations are accepted without a valid agreement.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent field or years of experience.
- 5-10 years of successive relevant experience within FP&A
- An Excel power user with exceptionally strong experience building and maintaining complex financial models.
- Hands-on energetic collaborator comfortable with a fast-paced business environment that requires the ability to prioritize and manage workload effectively with minimal supervision and toggle between high priority ad hoc requests and standardized recurring reporting and variance analysis.
- Oracle ERP experience preferred.
- Ability to display executive presence with exceptional interpersonal communication skills (written and oral). Candidate should be able to communicate financial information easily and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage sensitive data and situations professionally, with discretion and confidentiality.
- MBA or CPA preferred.