Job Title -
Internship Accounting - Summer 2024 Location -
Corporate Headquarters SUMMARY
Caddell Construction is a customer-focused general contractor with a clear mission of constructing what matters for the long-term success of employees, clients and strategic partners. At Caddell, employees come first because your success is key to the continued growth of the company. To learn more about the exciting projects and opportunities available at Caddell Construction, visit us at caddell.com.
Caddell Construction has a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Accounting Intern
who is inquisitive and has a desire to learn. What You Will Do
As an intern you will work in a team environment and gain experience with the following accounting functions:
- Assisting with tax and accounting research to help maintain accurate and complete financial records.
- Assisting with data entry and recording general ledger journal entries in Caddell's ERP system.
- Reviewing and gaining an understanding of Work-in-Process schedules and its relationship with the financial statements.
- Reconciling and analyzing financial accounts in excel.
- Maintaining confidentiality and integrity with handling sensitive information.
- Polishing communication skills by interacting with co-workers inside and outside of the accounting team.
- Additional tasks as needed to help the candidate learn more about corporate accounting and office operations.
- Working Conditions- Office setting, no travel required, full time
What We Expect Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities -
- Reporting Structure -Champion
Strong verbal and written communication skills. High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility. Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible. Requirements:
- Pursuing college or university accredited degree program in Accounting or Finance, and at minimum two (2) years of completed education.
- Satisfactory completion of Intermediate Accounting I or equivalent.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must attend 2-day Orientation at Corporate Headquarters in Montgomery, AL.
- Must be available for the duration of the internship, May 20 - July 26, 2024.
The hourly rate for this intern position is $18.00 per hour. Your career matters at Caddell, where there is a strong emphasis on the growth and development of every employee! We're large enough to take on the most complex construction projects, but we know the contribution of each individual is the key to our success.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.