DescriptionD.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.
, was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Assistant Controller
for their Accounting Department. The right candidate will assist in managing all aspects of the division's historical reporting, anticipatory budgeting and financial projections, under the direction of the Division Controller/CFO. Acts as the conscience of the division which involves fiduciary responsibilities, business process improvement and challenging the thinking/decisions of the entire management team.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Has the fiduciary responsibility of enforcing the operating procedures and policies established by D.R. Horton.
- Must report financial results in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) together with financial and accounting policies established by D.R. Horton. All reporting will be due at the times and in the format required by Corporate.
- Must fully understand all aspects of the computerized accounting system deployed in the operating divisions, and utilize the system to its full capabilities.
- Is responsible for maintaining accurate budgets in the company's computerized accounting systems, ensuring that all budgets reflect out contractual or estimated contractual liabilities at all times.
- Will support the division controller as requested in the preparation and reliability of all financial projections required by D.R. Horton's corporate management.
- The responsibility for all banking activities, as delegated by the division controller, rest with the assistant controller and must be executed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Directly supervises 1 or more employees in the Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.QualificationsEducation and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder. #WeBuildPeople2
Come our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and us on Facebook and !Job
: Accounting Primary Location
: Florida-Davenport Organization
: Home Builder Schedule
: Full-time Job Posting
: Jan 17, 2024, 6:00:00 AM