Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service, and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 40 times regionally over the past decade...
...What are you waiting for?! Summary:
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Accounting Intern to assist the Project Finance Operations Team in ownership of project profitability on large scale construction projects for the summer of 2024.
Are you an adaptable and agile learner? Do you have strong drive, attention to detail, and a passion for accounting? Are you driven to make a positive difference through your work? Learn from the best with a tremendous learning opportunity with our great team. Highlights of your work with Mortenson will include:
Qualifications: Required Skills:
- Gaining an understanding of different types of projects (Lump Sum, Cost Plus, GMP) and how each relates to project costs, forecasting, and billings.
- Assisting the Project Accountant with preparing backup to support monthly billings.
- Gaining a basic understanding of trade partners, their payment applications, lien waiver tracking, and how they are reviewed and processed.
- Exposure to the AIA billing processes.
- Assisting Project Accountant with developing monthly forecasting spreadsheets.
- Supporting the Project Team with task setup, historical labor corrections, cost transfers, coding forms, check requests, trade partner payments, miscellaneous administrative tasks, etc.
Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study and build your career with an internship with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, two to four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Have demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Have demonstrated tenacious analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 within major coursework.
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a planned 12-week, in-person internship with our team. This opportunity is full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer of 2024. The internship position is out of one of the following: Minneapolis headquarters office, Milwaukee office, or Denver office.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. H-1B lottery registration submission and completion of the STEM OPT I-983 training plan are considered sponsorship.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.