The HdL Companies help cities, counties and special districts maximize revenues through research and discovery efforts, financial and economic analysis, and provision of software that supports local government operations in a variety of important ways. We are regarded as a leader, occupying a specific niche in the financial services sector and serving over 600 local governments nationwide. Leveraging our talented team of professionals, along with leading edge software and database systems, HdL discovery efforts have recovered over $3 billion for our local government partners.Core Values
HdL team members individually and collectively aspire to the following core values:Deliver Excellence In Everything
- We anticipate needs and believe that delivering extraordinary service, inside and outside our organization, is key to our success. We passionately pursue excellence in everything we do.Do The Right Thing
- We always act in the best interests of our company and our clients. We are respectful, have high integrity, and are accountable for our actions.Foster Relationships
- We build lasting relationships based on trust with our teams and our clients. We value collaboration toward our common goals and inspire each other to improve and progress.Give Generously
- We give generously of our time and resources with our teammates, clients and communities. We impart information for best practices, encourage professional development, and support charitable community organizations.Enjoy The Journey
- We enjoy our journey and enthusiastically celebrate our successes. We have fun and find fulfillment working with our colleagues and clients.Be Authentic, Grateful, and Humble
- We are thankful for the success we have achieved individually and as a company and never take it for granted.Position Overview
The Audit Services Coordinator provides vital administrative support to the Audit Team by managing a high volume of outbound & inbound correspondence concerning local tax allocation errors. Specific responsibilities, under the direction of a Senior Audit Services Supervisor, include:Primary Responsibilities
- Processes outgoing petition forms & related correspondence for submittal to the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA); reviews forms for accuracy and thoroughness with respect to both form & content.
- Processes incoming correspondence from the CDTFA, including the accurate logging of return dates and comments, electronic archiving, and further routing and follow-up on cases requiring additional attention.
- Process Work Authorizations prior to billing and conduct follow-up with client agencies.
- Effectively communicates via email and phone with CDTFA supervisors and staff regarding inaccuracies or discrepancies in their responses.
- Effectively communicates with team members regarding disclaimed cases; ensures that any necessary appeals are submitted on a timely basis.
- Monitors pending case inventory and conducts inquiries to the CDTFA regarding aging cases.
- Prepares revenue recovery reports based on incoming correspondence from CDTFA; maintains recovery data in Excel, including the use of pivot tables; prepares case inventory reports; presents summaries to the Audit Team during bi-weekly meetings.
- Reviews sales tax registration data to verify accuracy and identify opportunities for client revenue recovery. This is the lowest priority responsibility for the Audit Services Coordinator and will only be conducted as time permits.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience, paralegal experience is a plus but not required.
- A demonstrated ability to manage a large case inventory, including appropriate logging & tracking of outgoing/incoming correspondence, and the establishment of effective routines and schedules to follow-up on items requiring additional attention.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to create and refine efficient and effective systems and processes.
- Strong computer skills, with the ability to effectively use a variety of software programs including HdL sales and property tax applications and Microsoft Office.
- Open-minded and receptive to constructive feedback, maintains a humble and approachable demeanor.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently with a very high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Professionally assertive with a positive attitude and commitment to the team goals and objectives.
The starting base salary for this Brea, CA position is expected to be between $23.00 to $26.45 per hour. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other job-related factors, consistent with applicable law.Benefits Competitive Base PayOpportunity to participate in 401kMedical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, LTD and Employee Assistance ProgramPaid time off for Vacation, Sick and HolidaysEmployee Stock Ownership Plan (learn more about the HdL ESOP at: )