Your new company
The opportunity has come up to join a National Level Manufacturer in the Finance Team, working with experienced Accountants and finishing your qualifications, whilst gaining experience of Financial Accounting, Commercial Experience and some Analysis to help you develop into a well-rounded Qualified Management Accountant. The company enjoys hi-tech offices and is a well known brand in it\'s industry, with an earned reputation for success.
This role is particularly suited to a Part Qualified, or good starter with some experience already and looking to step up and develop.
Your new role
To provide support to the Financial Accountant and Commercial Accountant in various financial and commercial activities.
Main areas of responsibility
1. General Ledger Analysis and Forecasting:
- Take ownership for the analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, as assigned by the Financial Accountant
- Support the preparation of accurate financial forecasts and budgets. Including taking responsibility for specific areas of the budget and working with budget managers to ensure forecast accuracy.
2. Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Statutory Reporting:
- Conduct allocated balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory financial reports and tax returns.
3. Commercial Accounting Support:
- Assist the Commercial Accountant with the warranty and/or repair and maintenance month-end processes. This includes taking ownership for specific steps in either process.
- Support with analysis and reconciliation of the UK and Ireland sales balance sheets as assigned by the commercial accountant.
- Contribute to the forecasting and pay out of the target program and other incentive schemes such as training vouchers, short term actions and registration bonuses.
- General Discount Allowance (GDA) maintenance, ensuring the order system and database for GDA's are kept up to date.
4. Process Reviews:
- Participate and contribute to process reviews to identify opportunities for streamlining and improving efficiency within the finance department.
- Work with the team to implement changes and enhance overall effectiveness.
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Strong understanding of financial and accounting principles.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, Accounting, or a related field (desirable)
- Previous demonstrable experience in financial analysis, general ledger analysis, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Proficiency in using financial software and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical abilities.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Good communication skills to effectively liaise with different stakeholders.
- Proactive mindset with a drive for process improvement and efficiency.
What you\'ll get in return
Flexible working options are available.
Up to £40,000 salary depending on experience.
Subsidised canteen, Electric car charging points, Parking.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.