Assistant/Junior Management Accountant
£24-28,000 per annum
This is a really unusual opportunity; a gateway from transactional finance to management accounting..... these roles don\'t come up often!
Supporting the management accountant for a large, dynamic manufacturing company with a strong local and national presence, you will be responsible for a range of key duties that will help the business to make valid and commercial financial management decisions.
- Partnering closely with the accounts payable team to streamline matching processes, analysing and reviewing aged payables to manage balances and the wider cash flow.
- Daily reports including production & yield
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Manage and maintain petty cash and staff expenses.
- Supporting the automation of manual financial processes and procedures
- Supporting budgeting and forecasting process
- Assisting with audit
- Supporting adhoc finance reporting across various departments
- Month-end duties including prepayments and accruals
The ideal candidate could have some nationally recognised training such as AAT/CIMA/ACCA; although qualifications are not an essential requirement, you will need to have a very good understanding of accounting process and procedures....... and as such, you will need some significant exposure to accountancy and finance in the workplace. Exposure to this discipline within a manufacturing or production environment would be superb, so make sure that you highlight this on your CV!
This role is a fantastic career move for someone looking to step into management accounting in the competitive and lucrative field of manufacturing accounting; it offers superb progression opportunities and on completion of probation, you could be eligible for support with further professional study.
To be considered for this role, apply by uploading an up-to-date, tailored CV. Call Emma Lewis on 01792 642 042 for further information and details about this opportunity.... or to discuss your career path and progression.