About this role:
Elevate your career by joining our vibrant global bank, where opportunities for personal and professional growth abound. We are actively seeking an exceptional individual to take on the role of Facilitation Lead within our EMEA Onboarding Facilitation team. Beyond just a job, this is your chance to become a crucial part of an extraordinary journey with Wells Fargo.
The International Client Lifecycle Management (ICLM) Organization encompasses a combination of Operational i.e: Client Onboarding Facilitation, KYC and Periodic Renewals, Account Opening, Regulatory set up's as well as Strategy/ Transformation related functions such as Change Management, Governance, Controls and Client Ref Data strategy functions.
As a Client Offboarding and Strategy Lead, you will be responsible for managing the seamless orchestration of off-boarding International CIB Banking and Markets clients. The role involves partnering with various internal stakeholders, conducting thorough client reviews, ensuring regulatory compliance and executing off-boarding processes efficiently. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong understanding of wholesale Banking products, Markets products, upstream and downstream connectivity, regulatory requirements, and risk management best practices.
Immerse yourself in our award-winning culture, where inclusivity isn't just accepted; it's celebrated. At Wells Fargo, you'll be embraced by a dynamic global bank that combines excellence and a sense of belonging, creating a workplace culture where you can truly thrive.
Now is the time to embark on a rewarding journey with us, where your expertise will shape the future of international finance and contribute to the success of our growing bank. Apply now to be part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and impactful decision-making.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct detailed reviews of wholesale banking and markets clients slated for off-boarding.
- Evaluate client relationships, transactions, and associated risks to ensure compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements.
- Stay informed about relevant banking regulations and industry guidelines to ensure off-boarding process align with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the off-boarding activities adhere to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) guidelines.
- Ensure all client activity such as revenue rationale, account level due diligence, Credit risk and product level legal document reviews are completed and the Offboarding function is set up to cater to these milestones.
- Work closely with relationship managers, compliance, and other internal stakeholders to facilitate smooth off-boarding process.
- Well versed with Xceptor tool to maintain accurate records of off-boarding activities, documenting the rationale of each decision there by generating reports to track off-boarding metrics and identify trends and potential efficiency opportunities.
- Assess and manage risks associated with client off-boarding, ensuring that potential risks are identified and mitigated appropriately by collaborating with risk management teams.
- Continuously review and enhance off-boarding processes to optimize efficiency including validation of Client identity reference data.
- Orchestrate stakeholder decisions via client selection committees
- Operational & Strategy leader with experience related to Client Reference Data and Offboarding strategy
- Well versed in the intricacies of the end-to-end client lifecycle journey across all entity types such as Corp's, Banks, NBFI's, Investment Managers etc. and its impact on KYC processes including set up across different jurisdictions.
- Experience working within Client Onboarding, preferable as a Facilitator within the Equities, Bonds Rates & FX lines of business.
- Account set up and product enablement knowledge of CIB products.
- Knowledge of External vendor mapping and customer account set up's.
- An understanding of the regulatory implications of FATCA, CRS, Dodd Frank, EMIR, MiFID II regulations.
- Technical understanding of transaction lifecycle in Equities, Bonds, FX and Rates Derivatives
- Ability to identify and assess potential risks associated with fund off boarding and communicate effectively with risk management teams.
- Assess and manage operational risks associated with fund activities.
- Ability to identify opportunities to streamline and improve Fund Offboarding processes, collaborating with cross-functional teams to implement enhancements and improve clients overall experience.
- Ability to contribute to the development and implementation of new tools or technologies to increase efficiency.
- Experience in Institutional Investment Operations, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in wholesale banking, client off-boarding, Party Reference data or a related role.
- Strong understanding of banking products, regulations, and risk management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Xceptor, relevant software applications and systems.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratives within a team.
- Adaptability to changing regulatory environments.
Posting End Date:
28 Feb 2024
- Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit Disability Inclusion at Wells Fargo.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.