We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and Summary
Director, Account Management
Director, UK & Ireland Bank Partnerships, Account Management
The UK & Ireland Bank Partnerships team works to advance Mastercard's commercial standings and strengthen relationships with key bank partners across the UK and Ireland.
Following recent successes, we're increasing our efforts to provide a more integrated and value-added partnership to several of Mastercard's most strategic bank partners.
As Director, UK Issuing Account Management, you'll represent the very best of Mastercard, working in a small, dedicated team for one of our strategic bank partners. While you'll work on a wide range of initiatives across the relationship, experience in commercial/business banking and payments is highly preferred for this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Grow, build and strengthen our partnership with a strategic banking partner, particularly in commercial and B2B payments, delivering best-in-class service, insights, products and value to the customer.
- Understand market trends, regulation, technology and the competitive landscape, particularly in commercial payments, including the SME and large market sectors.
- Negotiate and close new business opportunities within an umbrella existing deal; comfortable managing an account P&L.
- Lead strategic business conversations with decision-makers around new or emerging opportunities with a focus on driving market share, volume and revenue growth.
- Deliver quarterly and annual reviews, along with financial performance.
- Engage when required in operational activities, and deal with incidents and escalations as needed.
- Work with and excite internal teams to want to be part of the journey with this strategic partner.
All about you
- Be an experienced retail banking or payments professional with an excellent understanding of the payments ecosystem, trends and economics, and preferably, experience working within commercial/business banking or payments.
- Have a proven track record in leading important strategic relationships, with extensive account management experience.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment with proven financial acumen, analytical skills and negotiating experience, and a deep understanding of developing, building and driving sales pipelines.
- Be an outstanding communicator, able to engage multiple different stakeholders. You'll be skilled at reading a room and adjusting your message accordingly.
- Bring people with you: you'll secure and coordinate indirect resources across Mastercard's organisation. You'll need to engage all parties to get to the heart of issues and opportunities, and influence and build consensus across a variety of internal and external colleagues at all levels.
- Have strong self-awareness, be open to different approaches and ideas, and challenge the status quo to build the best possible partnership.
- Demonstrate a structured, diligent approach. Be hands-on; with project management skills a big plus.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.