Tesla Finance Team's mission is to improve the company operationally and financially by working cross functionally to control costs and improve processes. The Financial Controller UK / Ireland is an important player in expansion of Tesla in the EMEA region. The Financial Controller will report to the team manager financial control and will provide financial analysis to management for respective countries. This person will also be the liaison between finance teams in Amsterdam and Berlin and business owners in the countries.
To be successful in this role, you need to be technically strong, have a genuine interest in data analysis and process improvement and eager to deliver the best and most efficient results. Written and spoken proficiency in English is required as well as local knowledge of FRS accounting and tax accounting.
You are innovative and can communicate complex accounting topics to all levels within the company. As for experience, you have proven accomplishments in a financial accounting or a control position in industry and/or a few years of experience in a BIG4 audit firm.
Please note this role will be located at our EU HQ in Amsterdam. Relocation will be necessaary and Tesla can provide relocation support.
- Direct and manage on a daily basis the financial reporting activities of Tesla UK / Ireland and of multiple other entities based in different countries in the region. This includes providing guidance on policies and procedures, IT software tools and accounting issues. Assumes hands-on responsibility for complex areas of reporting and important business interlocks
- Responsible for the monthly financial reporting activities of these entities including account analysis, research and communication with all levels of finance management - including US GAAP to local GAAP analysis and US GAAS to local GAAS analysis. For UK / Ireland a strong background in FRS is required
- Partner cross-functional operational teams (e.g. payroll, tax, treasury, revenue and cost accounting) to establish controls that ensure data accuracy and compliance;
- Participate in the assessment of processes and systems and improvement initiatives to advance the transactional and financial reporting effectiveness, including strengthening the quality of our reporting. Within Tesla there is a strong focus on data analysis and reporting;
- Responsible for in time issuing of the annual statutory financial statements and other financial reporting obligation for all entities in region
- Assist with the data reporting and preparation of the tax filings
- Maintain and keep current a manual document of all responsibilities and procedures performed by the financial controller function for the respective entities
- University degree in Finance, Economics or Controlling
- Experience with creating statutory financial reports for the UK&Irish market is a must. Extensive knowledge of FRS and tax accounting for the UK & Irish is also required.
- A solid understanding of financial reporting, financial processes and control environment in an international environment
- Assertive, team player and an international mindset, demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and accurately under strict deadlines
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and one additional European language is welcome
- Experience with AX Dynamics or similar financial reporting package, plus, strong interest in data reporti