About the role...
Are you a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) currently working in audit and looking for your next challenge? Do you love finding solutions to clients' problems? Do you love organising, and running a slick process that makes everyone's lives much easier? We have an exciting new role within our growing Business Services & Outsourcing team that could be your perfect fit.
We are looking for an Accounts & Financial Reporting Assistant Manager who is technically-savvy who will play a key role in the delivery of the statutory accounts process for our audit team, helping them to focus on what they do best. This will involve:
- Reviewing single entity accounts prepared by more junior members of the team
- Preparing consolidated accounts and cash flow statements, getting your teeth into complex areas such as mid-year acquisitions/disposals, foreign currency transactions etc
- Assisting in the research of complex technical areas and finding solutions
- Project managing a slick and efficient process from start to finish, keeping both the client and various internal teams happy
- Playing a key role in the development and coaching of more junior members of the team
As you develop there will also be bucket loads of opportunities for you to get stuck into some of our other projects too. We offer an end-to-end process to our clients, acting as a fully outsourced finance team for some.
As you grow into your role, we can also offer you the opportunity to manage a portfolio of client work, which can be as varied as you like! We will work with you to ensure your skillset is maximised and added to. Our team has grown significantly over the last year, and we have a huge variety of exciting client opportunities we can offer you to develop your skill set and expertise, including:
- Working with the key stakeholders of a business to improve their management information.
- Reviewing a business' systems and processes to identify inefficiencies and suggest improvements.
- Preparing a business for their very first audit - providing advice on what they need to consider and helping them to pull together a tidy audit pack.
- Acting as a financial controller (and eventually director) for our clients who need a fully outsourced finance team solution.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified auditor with Mid-Market experience to develop their career beyond audit and obtain key practical skills and business knowledge within a supportive team environment of a dynamic, forward-thinking organisation.
You will need to be ACA/ACCA or equivalent qualified with mid-market audit experience. But above all, you will need to be passionate about delivering an outstanding client experience and build strong and lasting client relationship. Ideally, you will have:
- Strong working knowledge of financial reporting requirements and FRS102. Experience of IFRS is desired but not essential
- A proactive approach to maintaining knowledge and researching technical areas
- Experience working with medium or large groups and familiarisation with consolidated accounts and cash flow statements
- Excellent project and time management skills to deliver multiple assignments to precise deadlines
- Great attention to detail and ability to prepare a high-quality set of accounts
- Ability to coach more junior team members and delegate effectively when needed
We're no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers. And this means we don't give ordinary advice. We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more.
We're straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what's made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats:
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards
- Achieved 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Recently became B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that's why we offer things like:
- Supported development with tailored training to help you learn and progress
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities' employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV's will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.