How you can make your mark
Make your mark as a Project Controller for Boskalis Subsea Services located in Aberdeen. As a Project Controller you will provide financial support to project teams and the Finance Department to ensure that Boskalis understands the performance of the project at all times with a focus on strong cost control. Areas include accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, taxation, monitoring credit and currency risks.
Your responsibilities as a Project Controller:
- Provide support and guidance to Project Managers and team members on cost control and other project finance tasks, including highlighting any financial risks, opportunities or issues
- Responsible for the control of all project revenue and costs, ensuring project performance is understood at all times utilizing INFOR(ERP System) and VENA (budget reporting tool) , including regular updating of cost trackers for clients
- Liaising with Project Manager, Commercial Specialist and team members to complete the monthly Project Cost Report (BCR) for Financial review including detailed variance analysis and leading the production of the project cost report and forecast
- Work within the finance month end timetable to deliver project flash reporting with high level commentary for Executive review and complete all journals and close actual project results
- Issue sales invoices in a timely manner, in accordance with the Main Contract and in conjunction with the Commercial Specialist
- Populate and submit a weekly cash flow ensuring clear visibility on project commitments
You can make your mark as a Project Controller if you have:
- A relevant degree or relevant industry experience. An Accounting Qualification is preferred
- Relevant work experience as a Project Controller within the Oil & Gas, Civil Engineering or Renewables industries
- Considerable commercial knowledge and analytical skills
- Ability to work using own initiative and manage own workload as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Adaptability and problem solving capability
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job that allows you to collaborate with a talented team of experts from different backgrounds and contribute to making a significant impact.
- Rewarding conditions: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive a holiday entitlement of 34 days, a contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance and death in service benefit. There is also a range of flexible benefits you can take advantage of including the opportunity to buy additional holidays each year.
- Career development: We offer you plenty of opportunities to bring out the best in yourself for example through (online) courses at our Boskalis academy.
- Your team: While working with specific project teams, you will be part of an experienced team of Project Controllers which offers a supportive network to be part of.
- Where you will work: Your location will be our office in Aberdeen. We offer a hybrid working policy.
- Full/part- time job: The position of Project Controller is full time, 35 hours per week.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it's clear we're a good match, we'll make you an offer - and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We're involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Project Controller. Please contact Matthew Hurrel, Recruiter.
Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don't accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies.