How you can make your mark
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Officer performs all duties to ensure the international workforce is paid in a timely and accurate manner whilst adhering to PAYE and foreign tax legislation. They will also have sound knowledge of auto-enrolment, statutory reporting and policy/procedural control. The Payroll Officer provides support to the Payroll Manager and teams based around the UK and abroad.
Main tasks include:
- Administering international payroll information in multiple systems by collating, calculating and entering data either manually or by file upload.
- Receives and reviews payroll records from varying sources (including Onboard Tracker) ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures, and regulations within the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Adhering to legislative and company timescales for the submission of payroll data to all relevant stakeholders, being mindful of overseas time differences and national holidays.
- Handling a variety of payroll transactions for new employees (both foreign and UK nationals), retirements, terminations, changes to salaries, benefits, taxes, salary sacrifices, deductions, accruals etc.
- Maintaining and monitoring the integrity of data in systems and from sources that are integrated or interfaced with the payrolling process.
- Supporting the offshore payroll team to answer queries, providing in-depth responses where required.
- Collaborating with colleagues worldwide to receive and provide all information enabling the global mobilisation of employees.
- Reconciling payroll control accounts and cost recharges.
- Performing all other relevant administrative duties where required for local and offshore payroll and finance teams.
- Supporting the Payroll Manager in the completion of their duties when absent and as an escalation point.
Required knowledge and experience:
- Four years or more of full-time payroll preparation and processing experience or an equivalent combination.
- Demonstration of international payroll experience.
- Exposure to hypo-tax calculations is preferable.
- Competent in managing large volumes of data with efficiency.
- Experience with reconciling control accounts
- Skill in Microsoft Office applications, software packages and the ability to import, interrogate and organise data.
- Proven ability to manipulate and import data, proficient in working with foreign currency, and converting where required.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to create effective working relationships with employees and other departments both domestic and overseas.
- Excellent time management and deadline skills. Ability to adapt and prioritise when deadlines are moved.
What you can expect:
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more. Holiday entitlement of 25 days plus public holidays (based on a full-time contract), generous pension scheme, flexible benefits, free parking and beverages. (and other benefits and allowances commensurate with particular roles) Conveniently located office with a friendly, supportive team.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realise your full potential with training and development through our Boskalis Academy.
- Your team: You will work within a team of four, with involvement in day-to-day administration and payroll processing.
- Where you will work: You will be working at the head office of Boskalis in Fareham.
- Full/part-time job: The position is a full-time job - 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online and in the office. Once it's clear we're a good match, we'll make you an offer - and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Dredging is one of our traditional core activities. Boskalis is famous for projects like the expansion of the Suez Canal and the extension of the Maasvlakte at the Port of Rotterdam. Creation of new nature areas like the Markerwadden is something we contribute to. Combining our state-of-the-art fleet, equipment and incredible manpower, we're able to achieve projects that no one believed were even possible.
We'll be happy to answer your questions about this position. Please contact the HR department at +44 1489 885933.
Interested? Please apply before 21st February 2024.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don't accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies.