About the role...
Our incredible Not-for-Profit Audit team are on the lookout for a committed, talented and ambitious NFP Part Qualified Audit Trainee / Senior to come and join the team.
If you have a growing passion for audit, making a difference and want to work for a truly unique firm where you have the freedom to use that experience to deliver exceptional work, then we would love to hear from you.
Aa an Audit Trainee / Audit Senior, you will:
- Work with Not for Profit client on their needs, supporting across academies, independent schools and student unions, charities, museums and cathedrals
- Work as part of a team to meet deadlines and contribute to help the team as a whole to meet its objectives and ensure client demands are exceeded
- Manage a number of priorities to deliver high quality results
- Proactively follow up on review points raised by the manager and completing them in a timely manner
- Plan and organise effectively to ensure all client work is carried out within the appropriate timescales set by the manager and providing regular updates to the manager without being prompted
- Provide technical expertise to ensure audit procedures performed are conducted to correct standard and accounts preparation is accurate
- Be confident to seek guidance and support from colleagues and managers when required
- Have the ability to problem solve to clear audit issues and be flexible to meet manager and client expectations
- Manage your feedback and development, seek support from your line manager, and be open and honest
Whilst you continue to learn the ropes, we'll also support you with continuing your ACA/ACCA journey.
We are looking for someone who is studying towards their ACA/ACCA qualification or equivalent and ideally within the 3rd year of their trainee/apprenticeship contract. You will be curious, sceptical, and have a questioning mindset:
- ACA or ACCA part-qualified
- Experience working in audit delivery in a practice setting
- Experience working with Not For Profit (NFP) organisations i.e. academies, independent schools and student unions, to charities, museums and cathedrals
- Great at relationship building as you will have the opportunity to work closely with the manager and the client
- A top notch problem solver, never settled with base level information and always ready to dig for the facts and find resolutions to problems
Our audit team is energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to giving a first-class service to our clients. We challenge the status quo, deliver exceptional results, and have fun whilst doing it!
We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more. But we're no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers.
We're straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what's made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats:
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards and 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that's why we offer things like:
- Build your experience and skillset, leading more audits than you'd get at the largest firms
- A streamlined, client-focused auditing service free from unnecessary red tape
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities' employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV's will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.