About the role...
We've been praised for our innovation and fresh approach to Tax, which is why we have grown so much over the past few years.
We're now on the lookout for an Employment Tax Senior / Assistant Manager to join our award-winning team continuing to deliver a "WOW" client experience.
You'll take a client focussed approach ensuring great delivery and assisting with technical consultancy work, including drafting advice and reports, calculations etc.
As an Assistant Manager within our Employment Tax (Employer Solutions) team, you will:
- Assist and advise on a range of tax issues, including the operation of PAYE and NIC on payments, expenses and benefits provided to employees as well as establishing employment status (IR35)
- Help employers gain cost savings through the implementation of more effective pay and benefits reward structures
- Manage Employment Tax compliance and mitigate internal and external risks
- Play an integral role in the Employment Tax and wider Corporate Tax team, working on interesting and rewarding projects with a variety of clients
Our ideal candidate will already have started their career in tax and have a keen interest in developing themselves in both a compliance and advisory role;
- ATT qualified or nearly qualified
- Working towards CTA qualification (desirable)
- Experience in Employer Solutions, Employment Tax and / or Global Mobility
- We want someone who is driven and creative, with an interest in learning more about employment tax!
- Someone with strong communication skills and sound judgement, and the ability to build quality relationships internally and with clients
- Having worked in a practice environment, you will be happy to work with multiple clients
We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more. But we're no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers.
We're straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what's made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats:
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards and 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that's why we offer things like:
- Supported development with tailored training to help you learn and progress
- Open Holidays - unlimited paid annual leave to take what you need to feel well rested A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities' employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV's will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.