About the role...
Our Audit team are on the growth train! So Cooper Parry is on the lookout for ace experienced Audit Manager's to come and join the team and push us on to our next phase. If you have a passion for what you do, keen to get stuck in the mix and strive to be the best you, then we want to hear from you.
Our award-winning Audit team cover various specialities:
- Pensions - supporting a variety of Pension Trustees and Administrators on several key areas like, unauthorised investment transactions, fictitious pensions and incorrect benefit payments
- Not for Profit - supporting across the whole spectrum, from academies, independent schools and student unions, to charities, museums and cathedrals
- Big Business - focus on larger and more complex clients. Covering a wide range from private equity backed businesses to AIM listed businesses as well as others who report under the IFRS
- Private business - A broad, multi-industry client base; we service more privately-owned firms in the Midlands than anyone else
Whether you have a specialist or mixed portfolio, we have an opportunity waiting for you.
As Audit Manager you will be a passionate, talented, and determined individual experienced in the field of audit.
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with previous experience of working at a managerial level within an Audit team. You must have demonstrable experience of managing a portfolio of clients and be committed to providing exceptional customer service and building effective working relationships with clients.
As the ideal candidate you must demonstratable experience:
- Managing a variety of audit assignments
- Being responsible for coaching and training a team of appraisees
- Managing clients' capital, billing, and debtors
- Conducting file reviews
- Occasionally be required to carry out offsite work
- It is essential that you are ACA/ACCA qualified with recent practice experience
- If you are an Assistant Manager looking for you next step in career, you must have at least 3 years AM experience
Our audit team is energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to giving a first-class service to our clients. We challenge the status quo, deliver exceptional results, and have fun whilst doing it!
We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more. But we're no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers.
We're straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what's made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats:
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards and 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that's why we offer things like:
- A streamlined, client-focused service free from unnecessary red tape
- Supported development with tailored training to help you learn and progress
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities' employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV's will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.