About the role...
We are looking for a Pensions Audit Assistant Manager who is curious, sceptical, and have a questioning mindset, to come and join our award-winning Pensions team.
We are an energetic, self-motivated and dedicated bunch. We love to challenge the status quo, deliver amazing results whilst having fun along the way. Our team is committed to providing an exceptional customer journey and we are looking for someone with a similar mindset who can build relationships that last.
You will need a keen eye for accuracy whilst ensuring high-level financial statements are produced to consistently support our top rate reputation in the field of Pensions Audit.
- Work as part of a team to meet deadlines and contribute to help the team to meet its objectives and ensure trustee demands are exceeded. We are proud to say we've never missed a deadline
- Manage a number of priorities to deliver high quality results
- Proactively following up on review points raised by the manager and completing them in a timely manner
- Planning and organising to ensure all client work is carried out within the appropriate timescales set by the manager and providing regular updates to the manager without being prompted
- Build relationships with and supporting Trustees and administrators
- Manage a portfolio of pension scheme clients, ensuring we deliver to deadlines
- Deliver high quality compliant pension scheme audits and accounts to clients
- Support the development of other junior team members - lead, manage, coach and deliver feedback
As a Pensions Audit Assistant Manager, you will be a passionate about pensions and auditing, with a 'get it right first time' attitude.
You must be committed to providing exceptional customer service and building effective working relationships with clients. You need to be adaptable and versatile, with the confidence and composure to engage and liaise with clients and team members. As you know, this is no rigid, eyes-down and desk-bound role.
You will be/have...
- ACA/ACCA qualified with recent practice experience
- At least three years' experience in audit delivery
- Experience managing a portfolio of clients and audit assignments
- Technical expertise to ensure pension audit procedures performed are conducted to the correct standard
- Confident to seek guidance and support from colleagues and managers when required
- Ability to problem solve to clear audit issues
- Flexible to meet manager and trustee expectations
- Proactive, taking accountability for results delivered
- Able to 'WOW' clients and build strong relationships
We're no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers. And this means we don't give ordinary advice. We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more.
We're straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what's made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
In the last 2 years', we have achieved some fantastic feats:
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards
- Achieved 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Became B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that's why we offer things like:
- A streamlined, client-focused service free from unnecessary red tape
- Supported development with tailored training to help you learn and progress
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities' employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV's will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.