About the role...
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our London Innovation team as a R&D Incentives/Innovation Assistant Manager. With true flexibility, you can choose to work from either of our London office or if you live a bit further away, from home.
Our Innovation team is more like a family, now 20 strong; we take care of each other, making sure we build something special that will endure. We are a high-performance unit comprised of people from a wide range of backgrounds including marine engineering, tax accountants, physicists, chemists and even an astrophysicist!
We support our clients through R&D tax incentives and Patent Box relief as well as through working with an ecosystem of advisors such as grants providers, patent attorneys and Universities.
We're looking for someone to join our team as an Innovation Assistant Manager (AM) who can:
- Support R&D Delivery Managers on claims, frequently taking responsibility for many aspects of an engagement, and who can own a portfolio of smaller engagements. We pride ourselves on having a structured approach where expectations are clear. We couple this with creating a culture of safety where people feel empowered to put their hand up if they need help
- Deliver quality work on our exciting clients which sit across many industries
- Contribute to running client meetings (either face to face or by videocall), leading discussions about the technical and tax aspects of claims
- Support aspects of business development (BD), helping us grow our client base. We even get our most junior people involved in BD as it's a critical part of the business
- Can contribute to practice management whether that be training, recruitment, marketing etc. We think it's key for everyone to understand how the Innovation business runs, top-to-bottom and inside-out. You might be running it one day, so you need to know
- Be a role model for junior members of the team. Supporting each other and helping others develop is key to our operating model
As an Innovation Tax Assistant Manager, you will have...
- Experience in R&D tax claims from both a technical and financial perspective
- Experience of Patent Box claims would be useful, but not essential.
- Proven track record in building solid relationships with clients, colleagues and stakeholders
- An analytical outlook with a process mindset is also key
We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more. But we're no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers.
We're straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what's made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats:
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards and 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that's why we offer things like:
- A streamlined, client-focused service free from unnecessary red tape
- Supported development with tailored training to help you learn and progress
- Open Holidays - unlimited paid annual leave to take what you need to feel well rested
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities' employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV's will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.