About the role...
We are looking for an experienced Audit Director that loves the thrill of working for Privately Owned businesses and wants to work with a truly unique firm where you have the freedom to use that experience to deliver exceptional work.
As one of our Private Business leaders you'll be spearheading a portfolio of our awesome clients and be working alongside our dedicated team to build amazing relationships with those clients to deliver their statutory audits. You will manage a dedicated team to deliver 1st class service for our clients and work alongside our other Directors and Partners to win new work and position the Private Business team as a leader in its field.
Private Business sits within our wider audit team. We work with a broad, multi-industry client base; servicing more privately-owned firms in the Midlands than anyone else.
We want the best! As a Director you'll be a driven and an outside-the-box-thinker. You'll love working in a performance driven business and excel at smashing expectations.
You'll be passionate about supporting your clients to help them deliver their services, taking the time to really understand their needs and the risks they face.
Some of what we are looking for is:
- Previous experience as an audit director in a practice environment
- Ability to bring creative solutions to craft exceptional client experiences
- Have an ability to take a collaborative approach with clients and with the rest of the PB team
- You should have Responsible Individual status and be able to sign off UK audit reports
- Ability to manage to deadlines and lead/develop an audit team
- Confident and proven ability leading relationships with key client contacts
We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more. But we're no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers.
We're straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what's made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats:
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards and 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that's why we offer things like:
- A streamlined, client-focused service free from unnecessary red tape
- Open Holidays - unlimited paid annual leave to take what you need to feel well rested
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities' employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV's will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.