About the role...
Within our fast-growing Outsourced Business Services team, we are looking for someone who is currently studying AAT or in the early stages of their ACCA qualification, with experience working as part of an outsourced business services team or potentially looking for a change of scenery from the Audit space.
Day to day you'll be working with a huge variety of clients, from entrepreneurial, owner-managed businesses through to internationally listed groups. You'll be getting involved with a variety of opportunities from...
- Management accounts and VAT returns
- Preparation of unaudited statutory accounts as well as statutory accounts for audit
- Assisting our clients through a range of responsibilities to help them meet their compliance requirements
- Be at the forefront of digital advancement using the very best in market leading accounting software to assist our clients to understand their financial performance and position
- Supporting the implementation of new technology within clients' accounting systems
We support our people to work to their strengths so that they can help growing businesses succeed through better technology, information, and processes. Because when they thrive, they make a difference and that is why we do what we do!
By joining us you will be working with a team and company that inspires you and be given an active opportunity to shape the future of our company and encouraged to be innovative.
You'll also have access to the largest entrepreneurial client base in the Midlands making a genuine impact on their success. We deal with a range of clients in every sector with a key focus on owner managed fast-growing entrepreneurial businesses.
We are looking for someone with a bit of umph! Emphasis on the umph!
Someone who takes ownership of their workload, communicating realistic timescales and a genuine passion and drive for "getting stuff done" to help deliver AMAZING client service and experience. You will...
- Be studying for your ACCA / ACA qualification
- Have experience working in practice as part of an outsourced business services team or potentially looking for a change of scenery from the Audit space
- You will know your way around your basic debits and credits - whether that's having bookkeeping experience or having an understanding of the process of preparing an ETB from client records
- Passionate about tech and interested in making an impact on our clients' systems and processes!
- Ability to spot a needle in a haystack (not literally... but you catch our drift)
- Be curious and constantly looking for ways to add more value to our clients
We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more. But we're no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers.
We're straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what's made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats:
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards and 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that's why we offer things like:
- A streamlined, client-focused service free from unnecessary red tape
- Robust support to see you through your qualification
- Open Holidays - unlimited paid annual leave to take what you need to feel well rested
- Supported development with tailored training to help you learn and progress
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities' employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV's will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.