About the role...
We are on the lookout for a Senior Tax Manager with mid-market/entrepreneurial or M&A tax experience to join our Transaction Tax (TT) team and support our growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a TT team in 'growth mode' as we look to become the number 1 TT team advising owner-managed and mid-market businesses across the UK.
This position is perfect for someone with drive and ambition who has experience of providing M&A tax advice, and who thrives on the cut and thrust of the deal. If that's you, read on!
- Play a key role in managing tax advice on Transactions
- Work under your own initiative, and collaborate with other experts within the firm as necessary, to drive delivery of advice to clients
- Provide advice across a broad range of transactions, including buy and sell side tax due diligence, sell-side advice to entrepreneurs/companies exiting their businesses, buy and sell-side structuring (including PE), and pre and post deal group restructurings
- Support businesses and entrepreneurs in achieving their own growth journey, and in particular OMBs as they aim to grow on an international stage and ultimately look to exit
- Have the ability to make decisions and act on them to make it happen
- Be a key person for the training and development of TT trainees
The role offers high levels of responsibility, the satisfaction of working on interesting and challenging projects and the opportunity to be part of a successful team.
We expect an "all in" attitude to building the business, driven by a passion and desire to be recognised as the best TT team in the Owner Managed and Mid-Market space, within the best company to work for in Europe (we don't think small!).
As a Transaction Tax Senior Manager, you will be...
- Experience in advising companies or individuals (or both!) on transactions
- Exceptional ability to absorb, understand and explain technical tax issues in simple terms
- Experience of working on transactions, whether exclusively or as part of a broader tax role
- Have trained in practice in either a legal or accounting environment
We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more. But we're no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers.
We're straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what's made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats:
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards and 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that's why we offer things like:
- A streamlined, client-focused service free from unnecessary red tape
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities' employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV's will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.