About the role...
Our Audit team are on the lookout for experienced and talented Audit Assistant Manager's to come and join the team and push us on to our next phase of growth. If you have a passion for what you do, keen to get stuck in the mix and strive to be the best you, then we want to hear from you.
Our award-winning Audit team cover various specialities:
- Pensions - supporting a variety of Pension Trustees and Administrators on several key areas like, unauthorised investment transactions, fictitious pensions and incorrect benefit payments
- Not for Profit - supporting across the whole spectrum, from academies, independent schools and student unions, to charities, museums and cathedrals
- Big Business - focus on larger and more complex clients. Covering a wide range from private equity backed businesses to AIM listed businesses as well as others who report under the IFRS
- Private business - A broad, multi-industry client base; we service more privately-owned firms in the Midlands than anyone else
Whether you have a specialist or mixed portfolio, we have an opportunity waiting for you.
An Audit assistant manager needs to be curious, sceptical, and have a questioning mindset. You need to be adaptable and versatile, with the confidence and composure to engage and liaise with clients and team members. As you know, this is no rigid, eyes-down and desk-bound role.
It's hard work... and you love it. You thrive on the client-facing project management, you relish the hands-on leadership, and you take pride in the satisfaction of spotting and resolving issues at the heart of business activity.
As the ideal candidate be/have:
- ACA or ACCA qualified OR part-qualified
- Three or more years of experience in audit delivery in a practice setting
- Experience in any industry/specialism, this could be Pensions, Not For Profit (NFP) Big Business, Private Owned Businesses or mixed portfolio
Our audit team is energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to giving a first-class service to our clients. We challenge the status quo, deliver exceptional results, and have fun whilst doing it!
We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more. But we're no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers.
We're straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what's made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats:
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards and 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that's why we offer things like:
- A streamlined, client-focused service free from unnecessary red tape
- Supported development with tailored training to help you learn and progress
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities' employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV's will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.