Category: Accounting Country: United Kingdom Location:
Milton Keynes - Hybrid
The Management Accountant is responsible for the production of accurate and timely payroll and benefit related general ledger duties for EIMEA, including share-based payment accounting, bonus accrual estimation and accounting, and vacation accruals. This involves ensuring these financial statement captions are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and global accounting policy on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
Responsible for the preparation of analytical reviews, schedules, supporting documents, incisive commentary on the relevant financial captions as well as maintaining effective controls and reconciliations.
This position includes payroll processing, vendor relationships, data reporting and alignment between local payroll systems and HR information Systems. Leads various compensation audits and leads the administration of the Company benefits schemes. Ensures that processes and procedures are reviewed and adhered to in accordance with internal controls, SOX, accounting standards and best business practices.
What You'll Be Doing
General ledger accounting - Payroll and benefits
Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll and benefit accounting entries, analytical reviews, and associated reporting.
Responsible for payroll month end close procedures, which include compiling and providing various month end reports, payroll tracking and analyses.
- Is responsible for coordination and preparation of the EIMEA payroll and headcount budgets as part of the annual planning process.
- Prepares monthly payroll forecast for EIMEA.
- Prepares and validates the eligible earnings for annual bonus accrual purposes.
Alignment with the local branches
- Works closely with the local branch teams at all levels to obtain required information to facilitate timely completion of management accounts and other requirements.
- Provides accounting and control guidance for key calculations.
- Ensures accountability within the local branches. Monitor quality of information received and work closely to improve templates and quality of information received going forward.
- Arranges regular meetings with the local branches including senior management to ensure all queries are discussed and accounting policies are embedded correctly.
- Manages employee benefits in kind (private medical insurance, private dental, medical cash plan, company cars, etc) by ensuring they are accurately calculated on payroll. Responsible for the collection of data at renewal times for UK and other European countries, as well as managing the process of changes in benefits after renewals.
- Manages the Company car fleet and the Company salary sacrifice car scheme.
- Manages Company Fuel cards.
- Prepares eligible earnings for EIMEA for growth reward program calculations and liaises with EIMEA branches to ensure the data is correct.
- Manages the annual pay increase process for EIMEA including coordination of communication to employees.
- Manages transfer pricing adjustments and tax neutralization where an employee is eligible for payroll tax in multiple jurisdictions.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring the number of away from residence days.
What You'll Bring To The Role
- Management accounting experience/ERP involvement, working in a commercially focused finance environment.
- Payroll and benefit accounting experience.
- Ideally ACCA or CIMA part-qualified or qualified
- Share based payment accounting and globality of employee risk mitigation desirable.
- Experienced in managing benefits in kind, salary sacrifice schemes and DC pension schemes
- Proven ability to learn, willingly accept projects/challenges and demonstrate flexibility and leadership within a dynamic environment.
- Structured, organized, detail orientated and excellent communication skills for liaising with regional staff where English is not necessarily a first language.
- Experienced in managing various outside agencies, auditors, etc. in such areas as workers' compensation audits, and general financial accounting and reporting audits.
- 5+ years general accounting experience that requires GAAP knowledge, and performing general ledger and month end accounting close, account analysis and reconciliations.
- Organized and detail oriented, with excellent communication skills
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides you protection, security, and peace of mind. We offer life-enhancing health, wellness, and financial programs, including profit incentive rewards, healthcare, generous pension contributions. In addition, we want you to recharge and take time off, so enjoy short-day Fridays, paid holidays, and an additional paid week off between Christmas and New year to spend with family and friends!
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our "why" is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent
At WD-40 Company we foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals are recognized, valued, respected, and experience a sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to individual characteristics that make us unique such as our backgrounds, experiences, qualities, talents, traits, beliefs, and preferences.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 91% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.