Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
What Is the Opportunity?
We are looking for a Professional Indemnity Lawyer to join our in-house team in either our Manchester or London office.
You will be joining a market leading Claims team specialising in Professional and Financial Lines claims. You will manage a case load of interesting and challenging claims, working with our customers, internal partners and external vendors to deliver great customer experiences and optimal outcomes. You will have responsibility for investigating claims, developing claim strategy and setting reserves.
This is an ideal role for someone who is qualified and has some post qualification experience. If you are looking for an intellectually challenging next step within a kind and supportive team which is dedicated to growing talented individuals, please apply!
Travelers Europe currently offers flexibility to employees who wish to work on a hybrid basis in accordance with our Hybrid Work Arrangements Policy. This entails full time employees working three days a week in the office and two days at home (or pro rata for part-time employees). This policy may be changed at the Company's discretion.
This role is eligible for a new hire referral bonus of £3000. If you are successfully referred by an employee at Travelers Europe, both you and the person who referred you could be eligible for this bonus.
What Will You Do?
- Manages claims on a day-to-day basis, which includes carrying out early, appropriate investigations in respect of policy coverage, liability and quantum and setting reserves.
- Provides legal assistance to our insureds, working with them to develop appropriate strategy for an optimal outcome.
- Builds relationships with our clients communicating position on cover and strategy.
- Negotiates settlement of claims.
- Ensures our vendors provide a market leading, cost effective service to our customers and the company.
- Works as part of a supportive, collaborative and high performing team, providing such support as required by other members of the team and fully participates in individual and shared project work.
- Builds relationships with stakeholders across the organisation including underwriters, risk management, and actuarial to facilitate the collaborative approach to creating solutions and optimal outcomes.
- Partners with Client Relationship team and Underwriting to develop and strengthen relationships with our customers.
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised - these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making Travelers Europe a great place to work.
To be successful, you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
What is a Must Have?
- Must be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive.
- Experience in Professional/Financial Lines/Insurance Litigation.
- Some prior insurance claim related activity experience (e.g. Solicitor, paralegal, insurance operations, insurance broker).
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Some experience and sound judgment handling litigation claims in England & Wales.
What Is in It for You?
- Private Medical Insurance: On commencement of employment, you are eligible for single cover provided by Travelers, with the option to add cover for your dependents, at your expense through payroll deduction.
- Retirement: Travelers will make a basic contribution of 9% of pensionable salary to your Group Personal Pension Plan ("GPPP"). If you decide to contribute an additional amount from your salary, you will receive an increased company contribution up to a maximum of 3%. This would bring the total company contribution to 12%.
- Holiday Entitlement: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 25 days holiday entitlement annually, plus the opportunity to purchase additional days to allow for up to a total of 35 holidays per year.
- Wellness Programme: The Travelers wellness programme is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Employee Assistance programme provides access to professional counseling services and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through the EAP, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards programme that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.