Employee Relations Partner
FTC until November 2024 / London or Ipswich office / Reporting to the Head of Employee Relations
We are looking for a ER Partner to join our small team on a fixed term contract until November 2024 with an immediate start. The overall purpose of this role is to be responsible for all first line employee relations work, to be the first point of contact for the business and HR colleagues with ER related issues, to provide timely and effective advice and guidance to managers and HR teams and to identify and manage any risks within the ER remit.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Manage a varied and complex ER case load providing pragmatic and consistent advice, guidance and coaching to Managers and HR teams either face to face or remotely to resolve ER cases in compliance with internal policies and employment law ensuring that commercial risk is balanced with best practice to manage ER risk. Escalate as necessary to relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively manage casework completing case records fully and in a timely manner in line with internal protocols and GDPR obligations.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of ER cases and business change activity to provide accurate information to internal stakeholders in line with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Produce accurate ER MI using current systems to meet internal and external reporting requirements.
- Responsible for maintenance of all ER related letter templates, process maps and associated ER guidance for managers, colleagues and HR teams
- Ensure that all ER policies are kept up to date and communicated appropriately to managers and colleagues .
- Support the monthly AXA XL representative body meetings by preparing monthly slide pack, reviewing minutes and actions arising.
- Undertake ER related project and participate in HR projects as and when required.
- In addition to the above responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as reasonably required.
SHARE your talent
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Ideally, CIPD qualified or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable ER experience with good working knowledge of current employment and case law and a track record of providing pragmatic advice and guidance on ER cases to managers and HRBPs up to Senior level.
- Demonstrable experience within the employee relations field, either through a technical ER background or through generalist HR advisory work with line managers.
- Good written communication skills, with demonstrable evidence of writing investigation reports, OH reports, outcome letters and emails on sensitive issues to a high standard of accuracy and sensitivity.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, including the ability to frame communication in a way that others will respond to and take action to mimimise ER risk.
- Experience of autonomously and pragmatically managing a varied ER case work with proven ability to liaise effectively internal stakeholders including managers and HR teams to reach the right outcome.
- Proven experience of building effective relationships with key stakeholders, providing coaching and feedback to managers and HRBP on how to proceed following best practice and ensuring compliance with employment law.
- A good working knowledge of Excel in order to provide accurate MI and reporting.
- Well organized with proven ability to work to tight deadlines and maintain attention to detail.
- Resilient with ability to maintain effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure.
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don't just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a comprehensive and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business - property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Inclusion & Diversity
AXA XL is committed to equal employment opportunity and will consider applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity and origins, marital status, religion, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That's why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, and create an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It's about helping one another - and our business - to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity and origins, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn more at axaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity. AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AXA XL, Sustainability is integral to our business strategy. In an ever-changing world, AXA XL protects what matters most for our clients and communities. We know that sustainability is at the root of a more resilient future. Our 2023-26 Sustainability strategy, called "Roots of resilience", focuses on protecting natural ecosystems, addressing climate change, and embedding sustainable practices across our operations.
- Valuing nature: How we impact nature affects how nature impacts us. Resilient ecosystems - the foundation of a sustainable planet and society - are essential to our future. We're committed to protecting and restoring nature - from mangrove forests to the bees in our backyard - by increasing biodiversity awareness and inspiring clients and colleagues to put nature at the heart of their plans.
- Addressing climate change: The effects of a changing climate are far reaching and significant. Unpredictable weather, increasing temperatures, and rising sea levels cause both social inequalities and environmental disruption. We're building a net zero strategy, developing insurance products and services, and mobilizing to advance thought leadership and investment in societal-led solutions.
- Integrating ESG: All companies have a role to play in building a more resilient future. Incorporating ESG considerations into our internal processes and practices builds resilience from the roots of our business. We're training our colleagues, engaging our external partners, and evolving our sustainability governance and reporting.
- AXA Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as AXA XL's "Hearts in Action" programs. These include our Matching Gifts program, Volunteering Leave, and our annual volunteering day - the Global Day of Giving.
For more information, please see axaxl.com/sustainability