Areas of Interest
Consulting, Environmental Consultancy
London - England - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Job Title:
Sustainability Consultant - Sustainability Planning & Strategy, GWS Enterprise Location:
The purpose of this position is to support delivery of Sustainability Strategies, Impact
Mitigation and Sustainability Disclosure projects to corporate clients globally.
The Sustainability Planning & Strategy team is part of our Global Workplace Solutions
(GWS) Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) division and is currently supporting a
number of high profile clients with design and implementation of sustainability strategies,
sustainability reporting and compliance, varying between single subject consulting projects
to large change management engagements.
You will work in close collaboration within the wider sustainability team and your client
contacts to ensure that each client has access to best-in-class strategic advice on how to
approach sustainability and deliver uniquely shaped change at organizational level. The
focus will be on:
- Managing corporate level Sustainability initiatives and programmes
- Facilitating implementation of various types of Sustainability related measures
- and engagements
- Supporting and often managing our clients' ISO systems
- Facilitating and evidencing client sustainability compliance requirement
You will be supported by project managers, subject matter experts and highly creative individuals across the business. From the start you will be responsible for a range of projects and clients.
- Delivering strategic consulting projects, corporate reporting, risk management and compliance services;
- Managing submissions and client performance in disclosure programmes such as CDP and GRESB
- Providing technical understanding and advice on corporate level reporting and disclosure in line with GRI and other reporting schemes
- Building strong client relationships and using this to deliver and expand a package of best in class sustainability services.
- Advising and facilitating organisations to cost effectively improve the sustainability performance of their operations and their credentials.
- Translating complex sustainability related legislation into easy to understand set of actions and advising clients on the best value approach to mitigate any risk.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in delivery of Corporate Sustainability projects.
- Understanding of sustainability related corporate reporting frameworks and standards.
- Understanding of key, multi-market schemes, such as SBTi, Carbon Inventories, Climate Risk Mapping, Decarbonisation Pathways (project experience is a plus)
- A strong understanding of current and future environmental legislation
- Proven understanding of market drivers for sustainability.
- Track record in delivering sustainability solutions to clients, including legislative compliance and greenhouse gas reporting
- Experience working with finance or real estate markets.
- Educated to degree level (minimum 2:1) ideally in sustainability related subject.
- Excellent written, excel and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Commitment to Sustainability
- Curiosity about data and impact of information handling
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to propose solutions derived from scientific and social arguments rather than instructions
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE is the world's leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. CBRE currently employs roughly 80,000 people worldwide, with 2,500 working in the UK. The Company's core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.