Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
What Is the Opportunity?
You will support the Ceded Reinsurance team across a variety of responsibilities. You will have a pivotal role supporting information exchange and production between Ceded Re, Finance and Actuarial teams.
This will include analysing underwriting information, producing reinsurance renewal packs, elements of processing, documentation production, department responsibilities, reporting and information production.
This role is eligible for a new joiner referral bonus. If you are successfully referred by an employee at Travelers Europe, both you and the person who referred you could be eligible for this bonus.
Travelers Europe currently offers flexibility to employees who wish to work on a hybrid basis in accordance with our Hybrid Work Arrangements Policy. This entails full time employees working three days a week in the office and two days at home (or pro rata for part-time employees). This policy may be changed at the Company's discretion.
What Will You Do?
- Support the Ceded Re team in production of data analysis, data quality reports, internal / external reinsurance reports and presentations.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication and data exchange between Ceded Re, Actuarial and Finance teams. Co-ordinating reserving, US GAAP and accounting discussions.
- Support the production of reinsurance renewal information, this will involve data accuracy checks, identifying anomalies, new trends, compiling final information packs, broker engagement and communication.
- Monitor Reinsurance and Underwriting system administration, this will include reviewing of corporate system data, monitoring settlement and will include contact with brokers.
- Support the control of facultative purchasing by Underwriters, including associated reporting, documentation and processing, RI Order System administration (including assisting Underwriters with day-to-day queries) and other administration, tracking and control of facultative reinsurances purchased by Companies and Syndicate.
- Manage use and reporting of reinsurance markets, ensuring all reinsurers are approved security, putting together exposure reports, managing exception approvals, tracking of these requests and managing queries. In addition, review exposures against approved guidelines and provide reinsurer analysis.
- Prepare reinsurance analysis reports and financial illustrations for management review. Support the analysing and reporting of the team, this may include running of reports, population of data into spreadsheets or reports, analysing of data, checking data and data investigation.
- Production of reports and supporting documents to meet internal and external compliance processes, procedures and controls. This includes contributing to the submission of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls, SRS (Syndicate Reinsurance Structure) Returns, and Syndicate Business returns to Lloyd's.
- Support for implementation of new systems, control processes and efficiency review.
- Analysis of reinsurance data to identify trends, significant changes, and accuracy to draft reinsurance placement submissions for review to share with reinsurers and brokers.
- Lead production and analysis of realistic disaster scenario figures across all business areas.
- Support the team responsibility delivery, this will include the population of outstanding work tracking systems with new requests, and ensure responsibilities are allocated and progress tracked.
- Under supervision, respond to data requirements and queries from internal and external auditors.
- Support the production and maintenance of procedure documentation for the Ceded Reinsurance team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- General understanding of introductory level insurance/reinsurance concepts. Experience working in a support role in an office environment either insurance / reinsurance / broking office
- Previous experience of manipulating and interpreting data.
- Intermediate verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate analytical, problem resolution, decision making and organizational skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Flexibility (demonstrated ability to adjust to new situations and changing priorities).
- Ability to think through and resolve simple/routine problems and/or offer recommendations on solutions to manager.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
What is a Must Have?
- A-levels (including Maths) or strong market experience
- Intermediate MS office skills
What Is in It for You?
- Private Medical Insurance: On commencement of employment, you are eligible for single cover provided by Travelers, with the option to add cover for your dependents, at your expense through payroll deduction.
- Retirement: Travelers will make a basic contribution of 9% of pensionable salary to your Group Personal Pension Plan ("GPPP"). If you decide to contribute an additional amount from your salary, you will receive an increased company contribution up to a maximum of 3%. This would bring the total company contribution to 12%.
- Holiday Entitlement: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 25 days holiday entitlement annually, plus the opportunity to purchase additional days to allow for up to a total of 35 holidays per year.
- Wellness Programme: The Travelers wellness programme is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Employee Assistance programme provides access to professional counseling services and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through the EAP, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards programme that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.