Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. We work with client coverage and product teams around the globe to help our institutional and retail clients across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, whilst providing the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is seeking a professional individual who wants to develop their understanding of a growing sector of financial markets and be at the heart of the Asset Management Business with a key focus on Offshore Funds. In this role, you will be exposed to Mutual Funds, Private Equity and ETFs structures and work closely with professionals across Portfolio Management teams (Fixed Income, Quantitative Investment Strategies and Fundamental Equity), Product Development, multiple sales channels and various groups supporting the Asset Management Business.
This role requires a motivated individual to ensure accurate and timely execution of Fund change events on behalf of the firm and our clients. The ability to project manage fund change events, stakeholder expectations, prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization is critical to this role.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management has become one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to our success is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals in order to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. Goldman Sachs Asset Management Operations is part of the Asset & Wealth Management Division and comprises of ~500 professionals based in 5 centres across the globe. It consists of four broad functional areas, Client Operations, Investment Operations, Enterprise Operations and Management and Shared Services, all of whom work in a dynamic environment where control, client service and excellence in execution are fundamental principles.
The global Fund Services team sits within Client Operations with team members located in London, New York, Dallas, Dublin, Bengaluru, The Hague and Tokyo.
The team is primarily responsible for:
- Facilitating new business and product expansion via project management of new fund launches.
- Ongoing platform maintenance via co-ordination of fund mergers, fund terminations, restructures, other fund change events and regulatory uplifts.
- Acquisition integration through fund onboarding, consolidation and restructuring.
The team interacts very closely with the Funds' external service providers (including Custodian and Fund Administrators), as well as with all internal teams connected with design, setup, operation, and oversight of the Funds. The role will be varied and will allow the candidate to interact with a wide range of internal and external teams and be involved in a diverse range of tasks and projects.
The funds range includes both traditional and alternative investment vehicles such as Luxembourg-based SICAVs, Money Market Funds, ETFs and other Mutual Funds, through to complex private equity fund of funds structures, all of which are distributed to the firm's global client base.
How You Will Fulfil Your Potential
- You will effectively contribute towards the Asset & Wealth Management division product expansion initiatives by project managing fund launch and other fund change events for Luxembourg, Ireland and Cayman domiciled funds.
- You will work closely and develop strong working relationships with the Portfolio Management, Product Development, Operations, external vendors and various Federation teams to agree product design expectations, fund features and establishing support models.
- You will develop a strong understanding of our Asset Management Business, and the investment products on offer.
- Your responsibilities for project managing and executing fund change events such as fund launches, terminations and other fund restructure events will include, for example:
- Setting expectations for launch timelines and bringing together all internal and external working group stakeholders
- Managing the fund event workflow utilising in-house workflow tools
- Engaging in discussions to tackle ad hoc challenges in order to effectively meet design, portfolio manager and client needs
- Facilitating internal systems and external system setups
- Drafting and agreeing investment trade flows making sure all Operational systems are ready for trading
- Defining and getting approval for seed capital requirements
- Obtaining internal and external fund and share class identifiers
- Ensuring EMEA fund registration requirements, including KIIDs, are in place prior to fund launch
- You will ensure smooth running and effective risk management of the existing and new funds post launch by ensuring:
- Up-to-date and accurate fund data maintenance
- Managing the EMEA fund registration requirements
- You will assist in ad hoc projects including technology initiatives to uplift our infrastructure, driving workflow scalability, improving controls and reducing time to market.
- You will make a good impression by:
- Being proactive
- Being curious
- Effectively managing risk
- Building personal relationships
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with relevant industry experience
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in Asset Management and exposure to facilitating Offshore Fund Events
- Strong Knowledge of Offshore Funds administration and Compliance standards
- ETF experience preferred though not required
- Must work well in a team but also exhibit strong leadership capabilities in order to help drive solutions to complex issues
- Attention to detail but also have the ability to see the bigger picture and manage competing priorities
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and delegates across the organization
- Ability to make informed autonomous decisions whilst delivering multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Strong organizational, business writing, communication and time management skills
- Desire to continually learn and ability to manage multiple priorities
- ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
- We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity