Do you want to help advance scientific discovery, improving quality of life around the world? We do, too.
Molecular Devices has the opportunity to be the innovation partner that empowers scientists to fast-track research breakthroughs, leading to earlier diagnoses and safer drug treatments. We're a leading life science solutions provider of high-performance bioanalytical measurement systems, software, and consumables. With Molecular Devices, you'll grow your career with best-in-class teams in a culture of collaboration.
Molecular Devices is one of 10 Life Sciences companies of Danaher. Together, we accelerate the discovery, development and delivery of solutions that safeguard and improve human health.
Do you want to work in a Global Finance team? Do you enjoy working close with business leaders to drive profitable business growth?
We are currently seeking an EU FP&A Manager to join our finance team in Winnersh, Reading, UK. The role reports into the Financial Controller with a dotted line into the FP&A Director in the US. We are able to support some remote working but the candidate will be required to be in the office at least on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week.
The role will be responsible for a variety FP&A tasks, providing commercial financial analysis and data driven insights to aid decision making.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner to the European region providing financial support to achieve objectives of multiple finance and business stakeholders.
- Be a valuable business partner to the sales team. Understand their needs, partner with the accounting team to provide options and recommendations for deal structure and contract language to enable revenue growth while ensuring accounting compliance.
- Execute close activities for the budget and forecast cycles throughout the year. Ensuring MolDev's and Danaher Corporate Schedules for reporting are maintained and on time.
- Provide in depth analysis on bookings / revenue / margin trends and look for opportunities where the forecast may be misaligned with current market risks & opportunities.
- Ensure timely monthly expense reporting, variances to forecast and comparative analysis to prior year and budget
- Support Month End close procedures for MolDev including expense accruals and analysis
- Support region with financial modelling of new initiatives. Challenge current assumptions and have the ability to push back when necessary.
- Collection, submissions and analysis of business statistics and KPI's
- Act as a key finance resource in support of kaizen activities
- Identify areas where improvement is needed and proactively engaging the appropriate teams and resources to drive change.
- Working closely and in conjunction with the global FP&A team to help maintain a holistic approach to the P&L.
The essential requirements of the role include:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, FCA or ACCA) with strong knowledge of accounting principles and US GAAP. Experience in US revenue recognition (ASC 606) is highly desirable.
- Background of working for a global , preferably US headquartered organization
- 10+ years of demonstrated ability in a similar role
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivots, lookups) and strong financial systems skills with a preference toward Oracle, HFM and BI. Experience with Hyperion planning is also a plus.
- Highly analytical, strong attention to detail, and an ability to set and meet tight deadlines
- Possesses the managerial courage to highlight adverse financial results and trends and offer proposed solutions to resolve
- Experience with working in a fast-paced environment, ability to adapt quickly to changing business needs and multi-tasking.
- Ability and intellectual curiosity to dig into detail as needed while at the same time keeping in mind the bigger picture
- Cultivate strong cross functional partnership with key business partners
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.