A quick look at the role
The Purchase Ledger Clerk is responsible for match, check and processing all purchase invoices onto accounts system in a timely and accurate manner.
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted
- Ensure all deliveries of materials and services are receipted on Navision
- Processing of all incoming purchase invoices, including matching, checking quantities and prices
- Communication with all departments regarding any invoice queries and to ensure credit notes are received from suppliers when required
- Checking and reconciling supplier statements to the purchase ledger
- Preparing both international and domestic payments to suppliers when due
- General office duties - maintaining accounts filing system, answering telephone,
Our essential requirements
- GCSE Maths and confident manipulating numerical data
- Over 2 years experience in a similar accounts administration position
- Confident IT skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
Biffa, changing the way people think about waste
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 11,000+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.
We believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative and effective working environment which is why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.