About the team
The Finance and Strategy team's core mission is to help Deliveroo make great decisions. We aim to build long-term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities.
About the role
You will report to the UK & Ireland Finance Director. You will be asked to partner with the VP for the Commercial function, including providing expertise on pricing strategy, and support for contract negotiations. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys influencing non-finance partners at the coal face of the business, whilst also overseeing traditional finance roles across controllership, reporting.
We are operating on a hybrid model and you will work in London (Cannon Street), with at least 3 days a week to be worked from the office.
What you'll do
- Line manager responsibility - performance management, development and coaching.
- Support the commercial team on contract negotiations. You will be asked to gain a firm understanding of our standard and non-standard terms, and their implications for Deliveroo's P&L.
- Develop, standardising and scaling contract negotiation tools and governance forums
- Developing, standardising and scaling new pricing strategies and frameworks across markets to lead best practice and standardisation.
- Owning collation and tracking of contractual terms. And working with the Engineering team to systemise this process.
- Oversee rebate payment tracking, accruals process and payment governance
- Reporting for Commercial P&L line
- Partner across Finance teams to land company-wide finance & business initiatives
- You will need to be ACA / ACCA or equivalent qualified with at least 6 years of post-qualified experience.
- You will have relevant industry or startup experience.
- You will be comfortable pulling together spreadsheet-based financial models
- You will have experience influencing partners at senior levels, including non-finance
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Benefits
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. Benefits differ by country, but we offer many benefits in areas including healthcare, well-being, parental leave, pensions, and generous annual leave allowances, including time off to support a charitable cause of your choice. Benefits are country-specific, please ask your recruiter for more information.
At Deliveroo, we believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing businesses in a rapidly growing industry.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our hiring process. We recognise that some candidates may require adjustments to apply for a position or fairly participate in the interview process. If you require any adjustments, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will make every effort to provide the necessary adjustments to ensure you have an equitable opportunity to succeed.