EMEA Payroll Specialist - Belgium
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there's no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that's the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a EMEA Payroll Specialist to join us at our Shared Service Centre in Manchester to focus on our Payrolls within Belgium (Bornem/Verviers)
The EMEA Payroll Specialist will manage and oversee payroll processes as well as being responsible for the accurate payment of salaries to Lonza employees as an SME within Belgium, with the opportunity to support a number of our sites across EMEA.
- Process the payroll of employees both in Belgium and across the EMEA region, managing relationships with third party providers as required.
- Perform payroll-related functions under country and local laws, including but not limited to processing of new hires, terminations, compensation & benefits, overtime, deductions, and attachment orders.
- Processing of legislative changes - not limited to Indexation, CAO90, meal vouchers, Purchasing Power Bonus
- Collect payroll, benefit information from various sources, and provide monthly payroll instructions to our payroll provider in accordance with the calendar.
- Reviews and verifies payroll data
- Performs audits and controls in accordance with the calendar.
- Maintain and control the Time & Attendance system
- Monitor compliance updates and be alert to ensure legal compliance at country and local level
- Instructs Finance to issue payroll-related payments when required (salaries, taxes, social security, pension, etc.)
- Communicate with employees of all levels regarding all payroll matters, including troubleshooting of issues via the query management system within SLA's.
- Assists with internal, external and statutory audits as required.
- Assists with ad hoc projects as necessary and perform any other job duties subject to company requirements.
- Create and update payroll procedure documents. Streamline and automate current processes.
- Experience of managing Belgian payroll process (Headcount 500+)
- Experience with Time & Attendance systems (Pro-time knowledge)
- Excellent communication and administrative skills both towards internal and external stakeholders.
- Microsoft proficient in excel, word & Outlook
- A positive attitude towards development and training with a willingness to learn and be cross-trained in other areas so as to provide support to the wider payroll team when needed
- Ability to adapt and be pro-active in order to adjust to changing requirements
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Solve problems by analytical troubleshooting to avoid delays within the payroll cycle
- Native or fluent language in French, Flemish/Dutch