Future & Repo Negotiator
Glasgow or Birmingham
As a Barclays Future & Repo Negotiator, you will be accountable for drafting, negotiating and executing various master trading documentation in assistance of the Barclays Prime Services, Exchange Traded Derivatives, OTC Clearing, Intermediation, Securities Financing Transaction and Securitized Products businesses. You will be involved in the negotiation of master trading documentation for the firm's Markets business.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
- Drafting, negotiating and executing capital markets contract documentation with an assigned portfolio of Barclays counterparties
- Managing the negotiations process by identifying and escalating potential risks and other issues in a timely manner
- Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and documentation risk controls and adhere to associated guidelines and procedures
- Maintaining up to date, working knowledge of the products covered and applicable regulations
- Establishing and maintaining partnership with relevant internal to ensure seamless completion of requests
- Assisting with ad hoc projects and successfully managing them to completion
- Making recommendations for efficiencies within the team and proactively assist in implementing approved changes
- Providing the business with the regulatory and legal impact of issues raised during negotiations to facilitate timely decisions and tailor solutions for relevant stakeholders
What we're looking for:
- Experience drafting and negotiating on one of the following agreements - Repurchase, Futures, OTC Clearing, FX Prime Brokerage, Intermediation, Stock or Securities Lending
- Experience with a financial services firm or law firm
Skills that will help you in the role
- Team player with ability to work autonomously and with others
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Solid ability to navigate through various IT systems used by the Legal function
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Barclays Snowhill is at the heart of the professional district and commands a workforce of around 1000. With great transport links to Birmingham Grand Central and Snowhill train stations as well as the local metro. Our office has a dedicated staff coffee shop and deli and break out areas for staff. There is also a presentation theatre for client and staff events. Our office boasts a great working environment as well as opportunities to network across the city.