Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be a part of something great? Want to join a 20,000-member team that works on the technology that powers the world around us? Looking for an atmosphere of trust, empowerment, respect, diversity, and communication? How about an opportunity to own a piece of a multi-billion dollar (with a B!) global organization? We offer all that and more at Microchip Technology, Inc.
People come to work at Microchip because we help design the technology that runs the world. They stay because our culture supports their growth and stability. They are challenged and driven by an incredible array of products and solutions with unlimited career potential. Microchip's nationally-recognized Leadership Passage Programs support career growth where we proudly enroll over a thousand people annually. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, values-based decision making, and strong sense of community, driven by our Vision, Mission, and 11 Guiding Values; we affectionately refer to it as the Aggregate System and it's won us countless awards for diversity and workplace excellence.
Our company is built by dedicated team players who love to challenge the status quo; we did not achieve record revenue and over 30 years of quarterly profitability without a great team dedicated to empowering innovation. People like you.
Visit our careers page to see what exciting opportunities and company perks await!
To assist in Microchip's tax compliance and reporting obligations for our multiple entities across Europe.
Involvement in with broad mix of Transfer Pricing, International Tax Advisory and Tax Governance matters as well as providing support to the wider finance team on other statutory accounting/legal matters when required.
To review and assist with other Tax Team member's work, including mentoring and training.
- To join the European Tax Team, based in the UK, with a wider group in Chandler, Arizona
- Responsibility for ensuring quarterly tax provisioning for European entities is being accurately reflected (OneSource/Oracle experience a plus), including reviewing other members of the team's provisioning work
- Preparing and reviewing corporate tax provisions and disclosures for statutory accounts, liaising with external auditors and preparing documentation/memos on technical areas.
- Liaising with external advisors to complete relevant European corporate tax returns, calculate instalment payments and monitor local tax law changes
- Co-ordinate and support legal entity rationalisation projects covering tax, accounting and legal aspects
- Reviewing and assisting with the co-ordination of transfer pricing documentation both in-house and working with external providers
- Involvement in any tax advisory, restructuring and Transfer Pricing work that is being carried out in Europe
- Involvement in any tax audits for Europe
- Assistance with U.K tax governance requirements, including SAO & CCO
- Providing support to the wider finance teams on a variety of ad hoc tasks
- Post degree Accounting/Tax qualification such as ACA, CA, ACCA, CTA
- Sound knowledge of Tax accounting and preparing Tax disclosures for statutory financial & quarterly tax reporting
- Experience of UK tax legislation. Experience of Irish & European tax legislation desirable.
- Experience of Tax reporting under US GAAP or IFRS
- Willingness to travel within territory, with occasional travel elsewhere in Europe and US for specific training.
- Must be able to speak English and other European language skills would be advantageous.
- If not already possessing a tax specific qualification, the ideal candidate will display willingness to study and obtain relevant external body tax qualifications.
0% - 25%