Join us as a Treasury Control & Assurance Manager
- This is an opportunity to use your broad understanding of Treasury concepts to understand the impacts on the Treasury risk appetite
- You'll be actively engaged with a range of stakeholders, building trust and making sure that there's an awareness of first line of defence responsibilities
- You'll make a tangible impact on the function, as you deliver the creation of a strong compliance and risk management culture
What you'll do
In this critical role, you'll be managing the assessment of the business control environment in the function, understanding the impact of risks and issues faced and helping to mitigate these within the risk appetite. We'll look to you to complete Treasury policy assessments to make sure that the governance is fit for purpose and policies have been effectively implemented, challenging processes and controls where enhancements can be made.
Your other key responsibilities will be:
- Overseeing useful and insightful risk reporting and performance indicators to be escalated to the operational risk monthly meeting, highlighting areas where action should be taken
- Partnering with colleagues in the function to provide education around operational risk responsibilities and making sure that there's continuous improvement of processes and controls
- Facilitating the comprehensive design and independent review of SOX and risk and control assurance testing for Treasury
- Managing Treasury loss events by escalating quickly and focusing on minimising financial, regulatory or customer impacts and stopping reoccurrences
- Partnering with the business and other Assurance leads to manage and produce an effective risk and control self assessment
The skills you'll need
You'll need to have a good risk and control mind-set, with the ability to understand processes and where key controls are needed. We'll also expect you to have sound knowledge of Treasury activities and the operating model, and you'll have operational risk or audit experience.
Ideally, you'll also have experience and knowledge of controls and risk management frameworks.
On top of this, you'll bring:
- The ability to work collaboratively as well as independently and deliver high quality results to deadlines
- The ability to challenge opinions and offer alternatives to construct a compelling argument to support an opinion
- Experience of building relationships across a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to build and maintain strong networks across a complex organisation