More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Not-for-Profit Tax - Manager
London, Birmingham, Manchester, Reading, Milton Keynes, Leeds, Glasgow
NEW GROUND WON'T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. In Not-for-Profit Tax we pride ourselves on helping our clients achieve their strategic aims whilst maximising the tax exemptions available to them.
Every day, we work with a diverse range of organisations, including University Groups, Social Housing Groups, Registered Charities, Mutual Traders, Local Authorities and Local Authority Trading Companies who undertake a mixture of both commercial and Not-for-Profit activity. We provide tax structuring, tax compliance and tax due diligence advice.
Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future, potential diversification in the face of reduced grant funding and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
We are part of the wider Real Estate Tax team, given that our large Social Housing and Local Authority client base means that a large amount of our work is focused on real estate transactions. These include tax structuring on collaborative regeneration projects involving both corporate and Not-for-Profit entities, mixed tenure development schemes, student housing, and acquisitions / disposals arising from estate management projects. We advise on Stamp Taxes, Capital Gains, Corporate Tax and every other related niche in this market. We work very closely with our colleagues in VAT to ensure the partially exempt entities we work with receive holistic tax advice which goes beyond our specialism and ensures any all taxes are considered.
We're happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we'll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As a Manager within our Not-for-Profit Tax team, you will:
- Be a part of a high performing team with a great deal of tenure within the firm and the sector. We offer opportunities to work with high profile clients and on challenging projects.
- Take responsibility for developing more junior team members, understanding their career aspirations.
- Work with the biggest names in the University, Charity and Social Housing sector on some of the most interesting projects around. The growing number of large clients now working with us means there are huge opportunities for rapid promotion at all levels.
- Own your own work - we are a team of self-starters and will give you the opportunity to cut your own path within the role. With the support of the Partner and Directors, you'll lead from the front when it comes to dealing with clients, delivering work and engaging with the Not-for-profit and broader Tax teams. We'll ensure that you are supported by a team of capable and engaged tax colleagues.
Knowing you're right for us
Joining us as a Manager in Not-for-Profit Tax, the minimum criteria you'll need:
- ACA / ACCA / CTA qualified or equivalent qualification
- UK corporate tax experience, ideally within the Real Estate / Not-for-Profit sector
- Experience of monitoring junior team members' work and coaching / career development
Preferably, you'll also have experience in the UK Real Estate market or the Not-for-Profit sector, and it would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, we'll help you to develop along the way:
- Tax structuring - helping our clients to buy and sell properties in a tax efficient manner
- Tax structuring - helping our clients maximise charitable exemptions via tax efficient group structures and gift aid policies
- Working collaboratively with Partner and Director team to build relationships on key accounts
- Participate in business development initiatives and proposal activity
- Tax compliance - advising our clients about on-going tax requirements
Knowing we're right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.