Starting salary of £10,159
- Apprentice duration: 27 Months
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate - Advanced (A level)
Apprenticeships at Churchill Retirement
Apprenticeships are in our DNA here at Churchill. We have a track record of developing our apprentices from A level equivalent qualifications all the way to degree education if that is the path you want to take. Many of our senior leaders started out their working lives as apprentices, including our Chairman and CEO.
Why join an apprenticeship with Churchill Retirement?
We are a growing company and apprentices are an important part of our growth plans. We want to set you up for success, not only in your apprenticeship, but in your future career. So regardless of which apprenticeship you are taking with us, you can expect.
- To gain a recognised qualification in the profession of your choice, all fully funded from your apprenticeship training provider.
- To join a network of other apprentices, in other departments across the business, to learn together and support one another.
- A day a week to focus on your qualification, attend lectures with your training provider, or spend time working on assignments or projects.
- A workplace mentor who supports you day to day, and helps you apply your learning and develop your skills in the workplace.
- Additional training from our Training Academy team to provide you with the skills you will need as you progress you career.
- A workplace buddy, who is an additional friendly face to support you, that has been through an apprenticeship programme with us, and knows, first hand, what it is like.
- A permanent role on successful completion of the apprenticeship
About the role
We are really excited about the Finance Apprenticeship role we have on offer. We have created a programme with a rotation through all the departments within our Finance Function across the Churchill Group of companies, so that you get a rounded understanding of all aspects of working in a Finance Team. You will have the opportunity to work in Churchill Retirement, Churchill Estates Management, and for our charity the Churchill Foundation, all based in Ringwood.
Our finance departments are busy with a variety of activities to keep you occupied when you are not studying. As you rotate through departments, you will learn how to support with payroll and pension administration, HMRC returns, BACS and cheque payments, bank reconciliations, processing invoices and ledger transactions, as well as the production of financial reports. At all times you will be supported by a skilled team with experience in helping apprentices to develop the skills they need to succeed.
An apprenticeship with Churchill Retirement Living also offers a professional, friendly, and family values working environment where vital 'soft' skills such as communication, teamwork and effective and efficient working practices will be developed.
The hours of work are Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5.30pm and Fridays are 9am to 5pm.
What Qualification do I get?
Accounts or Finance assistant Level 2
AAT Certificate in Accounting
What opportunities are there for progression?
On successful completion of the Accounts or Finance Assistant apprenticeship you will enrol onto the Assistant Account apprenticeship Level 3 to further your development.
This is a busy and varied role. To be successful you will need:
- Good communication skills and the ability to develop strong and positive working relationships
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent Keyboard Accuracy
- Customer service skills
- To be comfortable analysing information
- A proactive approach
- A willingness to learn and develop
Upon joining the programme you will need the following qualifications:
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*- C/ 9-4) Essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A* - B / 9-6) Essential
How you'll be rewarded:
- Starting Salary of £10,159
- Annual holiday entitlement - 24 days + Bank Holidays
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Health Screening
- Life Assurance
- Day off on your birthday
- Gain industry recognised qualifications
We have Excellent Colleague benefits including:
- Ongoing investment into your personal development
- Training Courses and Professional Memberships paid
- Colleague well-being initiatives and ambassadors
- Peer recognition programme
- Colleague referral bonus
- Access to Employee Assistance programme
- Eyecare reimbursement
- Land introduction bonus
- Friends & family discount against the cost of a new Churchill apartment
- Charitable match-funding programme for Colleagues wishing to raise money for their chosen charities
- Free Pizza on the last Friday of every month.
We're a family-run, privately-owned business and we're going places. We're proud of what we do and the people we work with. We have ambitious growth plans for the future, now employing over 700 people and growing all the time.
We pride ourselves on building beautiful, quality, and purpose-built one and two bedroom apartments in desirable locations across the UK for those looking for an independent lifestyle in later life. Our developments are designed to take away all the hassle and fears that can be experienced by older people and provide security, peace of mind and independence.
We've won a host of awards; most recently we have been recognised by The Sunday Times as the 3rd Best Company to Work For and in 2016 we became the first ever retirement living specialist to have been named overall 'Housebuilder of the Year' by the WhatHouse? Awards
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply for this job.
Selection Process: July 2023
Start Date: September 4th 2023
Please note, your details will be shared with our partner QA apprenticeship to check eligibility for the programme.